Toronto Bisha Hotel and Residences | 146.91m | 44s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Today:

bishaIMG_3991.JPG

Attachments

• bishaIMG_3991.JPG
    bishaIMG_3991.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,915
Frankly, I'm not sure why they bothered with the red fins on the tower at all. If you're going to make them barely visible to save a couple bucks, you might as well go the distance and just not have them at all. Major disappointment and the second case of Cheapening in the area by Lifetime, after the Bond.

The massive spandrel coverage on this thing is astounding to me since it's not even glazed, let alone shadow-box. It's just anodized aluminum spandrel panels, plastered up and down the whole elevation. What on earth convinced the client that this would look good?

Haha! This thing took so....so.. long to reach this point and look what it turned out to be. A plain, glass box.
It's not even a plain glass box, it's a grey, spandrel glass box. Those red strips are useless and this whole project is disappointing. This being an upscale hotel, you would think they would want a quality building that looks attractive and not cheap out on it.

The massive spandrel coverage on this thing is astounding to me since it's not even glazed, let alone shadow-box. It's just anodized aluminum spandrel panels, plastered up and down the whole elevation. What on earth convinced the client that this would look good?

Disappointed but not surprised by this one. Still, it would be passable as a vision glass box were it not for this. The hotel's mechanical floor, in particular, looks ridiculous.

I have to say, as much as I agree with those objecting to the west and / or north elevations, I have no problem with the east and south.

That said though, I do have a massive issue with the hotel mech, as noted by @maestro.

Back