News   Oct 01, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 599     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 974     2 

Toronto Bike Share

I saw a new station on the south side of the well. Just a bit west off the intersection to the west.
I think its new?

I had issues with the old app thinking I wasn't at the dock where I was trying to unlock the bike (it would locate me 100m away). I don't know if that's an issue with the app itself, or the phone's perceived GPS location. Anyway, I haven't had this issue come up in the past few months
Well when you open Google Maps does it show the right location?

I get this issue around Marilyn Bell Park so I make a point not to use those docks. My phone thinks I am north of the Gardiner.

I get this issue around Marilyn Bell Park so I make a point not to use those docks. My phone thinks I am north of the Gardiner.
I had this issue happen, but only for 1 specific bike on the dock

I suppose this is another advantage of using the physical card. I never have GPS problems with unlocking bikes.

Reactions: PL1
We're up a couple more stations; * a bit more than that but some are temporarily moved

We're now at 831 active stations, with the notable change being 2 new docks in 'North York Centre'

1724708390539.png

1724708411531.png

+4 more Bikeshare Stations:

Leslie Station on Line 4 (very isolated currently, presumably a couple of infill stations will show up soon)

1725047760616.png

One more in North York Centre:

North York Blvd/Yonge

1725047857811.png

Another relatively isolated one, Bond Park, just towards the north end of the Leaside Rail Trail:

1725047923738.png

Finally one for the west end, Scarlett and Clairton:

1725047989658.png

Checked these just now and the Bond Park dock is already empty 😆

Might not have been filled in the first place yet.

The don't generally put the bikes in on the first day.

The trailer w/the docks doesn't have bikes.

The bikes are all in the vans usually.

anyone care to speculate as to whether bike share toronto will extend beyond the 416 at some point? it's quite common in other metros sliced up into smaller municipalities for the bike share system to cross boundaries, but I'm not sure how it would work here given the TPAs role with bike share. I know other cities in the GTA are considering systems of their own but I think we ought to avoid repeating the mistakes we've made on the transit front by having a system as fragmented as it is.

anyone care to speculate as to whether bike share toronto will extend beyond the 416 at some point? it's quite common in other metros sliced up into smaller municipalities for the bike share system to cross boundaries, but I'm not sure how it would work here given the TPAs role with bike share. I know other cities in the GTA are considering systems of their own but I think we ought to avoid repeating the mistakes we've made on the transit front by having a system as fragmented as it is.
I really hope that's the case. Not sure how it could be structured. Maybe the other municipalities could fund the capital and operating subsidy to TPA, but I imagine some integration with each city's parking authority is important.

Back