News   May 07, 2024
 426     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 368     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 329     0 

Toronto Bike Share

The station outside of FreshCo on Gladstone has been moved to Dufferin St, about the same distance north. I assume it's so it can service the new residential developments on the west side of Dufferin but having it right at two Grocery stores was really key 😩

The station outside of FreshCo on Gladstone has been moved to Dufferin St, about the same distance north. I assume it's so it can service the new residential developments on the west side of Dufferin but having it right at two Grocery stores was really key 😩

Its been temporarily relocated due to the road reconstruction there.

Email reply from Bike Share's customer service manager:

"Sorry, I do not have an updated deployment list plan for you aside from the one you sent to us by email."

I guess they are just picking spots from the old plan as they go

I have opinions on Bikeshare management, which I have shared here.

But good for you for trying!

Kind of a good point. I wonder if Bike Share has a process to have destinations/developments sponsor a Bike Share station. I could see it being advantageous for retailers to have a dock on their premises. Maybe condos would be interested in having a dock on site as an amenity. This could help fund expansion.

I couldn't dock the bike at the. Berkley station today. I kept pushing the bike in and it wasn't clicking. I tried a few docks then gave up and went to the next station where I was able to dock in 1 go.
Also, there was an undocked bike outside my condo this morning and it was still there after 3 hours.

I couldn't dock the bike at the. Berkley station today. I kept pushing the bike in and it wasn't clicking. I tried a few docks then gave up and went to the next station where I was able to dock in 1 go.
Also, there was an undocked bike outside my condo this morning and it was still there after 3 hours.

I try to always call those in. There was one of the docks at the station opposite St. James Park, south side of King St E and I kept reporting.

Greenwood and Gerrard now has a docking station on the roadway next to Greenwood Park. Kinda dangerous since you are pulling the bike into an active bike lane and roadway.

I wish this was a stand-alone map on Google Maps (as a layer) or available by someone here

My Maps - Google

1694447177409.png

I wish this was a stand-alone map on Google Maps (as a layer) or available by someone here

My Maps - Google

View attachment 505647
What’s wild is that both Apple and Google maps have all the stations mapped and includes a view of bike and dock availability… they’re just hidden so deeply it’s not convenient to surface

1694468041964.png

1694468111811.png

Back