6     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 259     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 635     0 

Toronto Bike Share

ANNUAL 45 FAQ
I JUST BOUGHT AN ANNUAL 30 MEMBERSHIP, CAN I CHANGE IT TO AN ANNUAL 45?Collapse
Bike Share Toronto has a refund policy of 30 days for all our members. If you are within this time period, you qualify for a refund and can purchase the Annual 45 membership for $115 + HST. If your membership was purchased between 31-90 days you qualify for a 50% refund. Have you had your Annual 30 membership for more than 3 months? For a limited time, members who purchased an Annual 30 more than 90 days ago can upgrade their membership for only $5 between July 1 and August 15, 2021. This offer is only available when calling our customer service at (855)898-2378.

I just phoned and got 45 mins!

Quick note here about Hamilton's Bikeshare service SOBI.

It just got approval to grow.........

In a very interesting move too.

Portland, Oregon has bikeshare, but just moved to replace their entire fleet with pedal-assist models.

They didn't want to throw out perfectly good bikes, and they use the same tech as Hamilton.

Soo...

Portland donated its over 600 bikes to the City of Hamilton, that's fleet growth of ~75% from 800 bikes to over 1,400.

Hamilton only had to fund the shipping cost of $50,000

Both Hamilton and Portland have approved the deal.

The feds announced funding for 30 new stations on Monday too - for a system of 130 stations existing.

Hamilton continues to be the smallest city in North America with a bike share system from my understanding and is going from nearly shuttering it last year to a major expansion this year!

Quick note here about Hamilton's Bikeshare service SOBI.

It just got approval to grow.........

In a very interesting move too.

Portland, Oregon has bikeshare, but just moved to replace their entire fleet with pedal-assist models.

They didn't want to throw out perfectly good bikes, and they use the same tech as Hamilton.

Soo...

Portland donated its over 600 bikes to the City of Hamilton, that's fleet growth of ~75% from 800 bikes to over 1,400.

Hamilton only had to fund the shipping cost of $50,000

Both Hamilton and Portland have approved the deal.

I'm surprised the city wanted to/found the $50K to ship the bikes from Portland over to Hamilton. Because you know, this is the same City of Hamilton whom refused to fund SoBi and virtually allowed the Bike Share program to collapse, and it would've have if it wasnt for the non-profit group (Hamilton Bike Share Inc).

Now Eisenburger has the gull self-appreciate himself (via his own Twiter account of course) to act as if he's done wonders for the Bike Share program:
1626815034342.png

This mayor is a joke, plain and simple. In any case, i'd like to thank Portland for approaching the City of Hamilton on this, because there's no way Hamilton went out of their way to find such a good deal like this one.

I'm surprised the city wanted to/found the $50K to ship the bikes from Portland over to Hamilton. Because you know, this is the same City of Hamilton whom refused to fund SoBi and virtually allowed the Bike Share program to collapse, and it would've have if it wasnt for the non-profit group (Hamilton Bike Share Inc).

Now Eisenburger has the gull self-appreciate himself (via his own Twiter account of course) to act as if he's done wonders for the Bike Share program:
View attachment 336327

This mayor is a joke, plain and simple.

I wouldn't argue the point, except to say..........they got this one right. Small victories and all that...

Eisenburger is a bad mayor, no doubt. But I’m hearing rumours that Bob Bratina will run for mayor again, tiring of being a backbencher in Ottawa.

Apart from Matthew Green, are there any inspiring political leaders in Hamilton these days? Andrea Horwath included?

Eisenburger is a bad mayor, no doubt. But I’m hearing rumours that Bob Bratina will run for mayor again, tiring of being a backbencher in Ottawa.

Apart from Matthew Green, are there any inspiring political leaders in Hamilton these days? Andrea Horwath included?

At least one in their bureaucracy, but I don't know if he wants to leave his day job to run:

Eisenburger has good policies but he doesn’t know how to whip votes at all which causes tons of problems. I don’t think Bratina would be any better.

regarding your second question, good point.

I believe Hamilton Bike Share also just landed a corporate sponsor which should help with funding.

Didnt Bratina recently preclude himself from being mayor again?

Eisenburger has good policies but he doesn’t know how to whip votes at all which causes tons of problems. I don’t think Bratina would be any better.

regarding your second question, good point.

I believe Hamilton Bike Share also just landed a corporate sponsor which should help with funding.
Eisenburger talks a good game and says all the right stuff, but when it comes to action on anything he cant execute on jack. When the private sector and various public sector boards have to come out and do your job for you, that's when you know you're inept.

Bratina on the other hand is a laughing stalk, and is an even deeper bottom of the barrel political bum.

It’s worth noting that the fleet will only go up to 900 bikes as it’s limited to the number of controllers. Most of the bikes will be used to replace poor condition bikes in the fleet and for spare parts.

It’s worth noting that the fleet will only go up to 900 bikes as it’s limited to the number of controllers. Most of the bikes will be used to replace poor condition bikes in the fleet and for spare parts.
Ah well there's the Catch 22. That's too bad, this couldve been a major expansion if they city did their job to pay up to actually replace and maintain the bikes.

Got to the experience that first had today. Luckily Princes' Gates & Nunavut Rd (inside Exhibition Place) still had an empty dock. Raced pass another biker sharer on my way there to grab it. Beat him by a few seconds 😅 😈

Back