News   Mar 28, 2024
 998     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 848     0 

Toronto Bike Share

not sure if this has been mentioned already but I noticed a new station at Cherry St. & Lake Shore Blvd yesterday.

@interchange42 , I found another station/dock with spelling/naming issues, thanks to Kotsy.

I went and looked it up..............

This is a doozy.

They misspelled Cherry Street................Bonnycastle! 😄

1599226527029.png

Perhaps this station was just temporarily moved from Lake Shore/Bonnycastle due to construction in the area. I remember docking at Lake Shore/Bonnycastle around a month ago because the station in front of the Loblaws was full.

Local news: Bikeshare added a station yesterday at Rough Hill/Waterfront Trail.

International News: Le service Vélib' à Paris a dépassé la barre des 400.000 abonnés. Un pic de 209.700 courses a été battu le 4 septembre, assure l'opérateur

Which means The Paris Bikeshare system now has over 400,000 members.

Letter(motion) from Committee Chair Councillor Pasternak is on the agenda for the next Infrastructure & Environment Ctte mtg on Sept 17th, 2020.

From said letter:

The Infrastructure and Environment Committee recommend that:

1.City Council request the Toronto Parking Authority Board of Directors to direct the CFO and acting President, Toronto Parking Authority to report back to the Infrastructure and Environment Committee by the end of Q4 2020, on the feasibility of increasing the “overcharge threshold” for Bike Share Toronto from 30 minutes to 45 minutes or more to support longer trips across the growing network, notably in the areas where distances between stations is longer.

2.City Council request the Toronto Parking Authority Board of Directors to direct the CFO and acting President, Toronto Parking Authority to report back by end of Q4 2020, on a strategy to explore a low-cost, barrier-free option for low-income users, reviewing discounted models such as Mo Go Detroit through its $5 per year program and Hamilton Bike Share with a $1 per month program with the goal of establishing more equitable access to Toronto’s Bike Share system such as through the #Bikes4All program.

3.City Council request the Toronto Parking Authority Board of Directors to direct the CFO and acting President, Toronto Parking Authority to consider, as a strategic plan to align current and future bike share stations along newly installed ActiveTO bike lanes.

Last edited:

Back