Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

IMG_4542.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4542.JPG
    IMG_4542.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,216
You can thank the city hall idiots for this building looking to short and stumpy and out of place.

What's up with all the recent trolling? We had a good period of informed conversation going until this recent uptick. Also what does city hall have to do with the design? This development was based on market demand for office space it seems to me. If the demand isn't there why would they build higher. Highest and best use of the site dictated this end resulting GFA and other considerations. There's four tests, and legally permissible is but one of them.

Exactly.

In fact, there's a third tower planned for this development. If there was enough demand for office space here, the third tower would be going up now… either that, or to respond to demand, Brookfield would have applied for more density on the East Tower site. They didn't do that however, because Brookfield knows their business…

so any swipe at "city hall idiots" is as silly as it sounds.

I am actually becoming a fan of these buildings more with time. They are so elegant and minimal. They will stand the test of time I think.
They also do wonders in the way of reflecting their surroundings and create the illusion of an even denser CBD from many angles.

Enough with the simplistic "city hall idiot" thing please. UrbanToronto members are asked to provide real content in their posts, to discuss the system in its complexities, the way it really works, and not fill the threads away with uninformed, toss-away posts that tell nobody anything.

Speaking of the program, it ends for those who waste other members' time on UrbanToronto.

Because city hall idiot put height restrictions on buildings in the downtown core and this is the reason the buildings look short and stumpy. Come on people get with the program.

It's market demand and feasibility, City Hall has nothing to do with that aspect. Buildings along the eastern edge of the Financial District however, along Yonge St, are more restricted in heights in respect to surrounding areas. Back up your argument before you say something.

Are all of the BAC buildings in one thread now? This new naming is confusing.
Sorry, but we are experiencing some teething problems since the new baby skyrisecities.com arrived. Thread titles are now automatically named if they are connected to a dataBase file, and I can and will manually rename this one to add "East" in the title again, but as soon as the dataBase file is updated it will remove the East once more. At the same time that it renames the thread, it puts the tallest tower height in to the thread title, which in this case is the West tower.

The system only works, essentially, as long as the dataBase file covers exactly what the thread does: one tower, typically. We may have to explore ways to split dataBase files in some cases, and in others, find ways to attach multiple files to one thread… or we may have to cancel the auto-rename feature altogether.

Back