Toronto Bathurst Quay Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | Kearns Mancini

There is airport parking on the mainland too, to the west of the terminal.

And yes, before the taxi queuing area, they were everywhere.

Gotcha. Think all the parking set off my hairline trigger. But would be interested in what the longer term solution here is, as obviously taxis and airports will stay wedded for foreseeable future and there's limited space at this site, but the effects of idling taxis on the school and the neighbourhood's air quality is also a problem that's not going away.

Yes I've stated elsewhere that taxi access to Eireann quay or at least the queue should be restricted to electric vehicles. Don't think we're quite there yet, but soon.

Do you mean the huge lakefront parking lot on Little Norway Cres and Stadium Rd? I would love to see that disappear as well. People should be taking transit to the airport - the lakefront should not be paved over.

Does anyone know who owns that lot?

Toronto's waterfront and the Island Airport is a destination for people from all over the GTA, and many are not able or willing to take public transit, walk, or ride their bike. It is essential to provide parking. As mentioned, it is also for the school, community centre, visitors to the park and recreation in the area who don't live in the area and/or can't get there easily on transit. I do hope that the underground parking will be both sufficient for all these needs, but also largely invisible from the surface.

There is an underground parking lot at Marina Quay. A lot of Porter staff use it. They could do something like that.

Airport = parking.

I believe 200 Queens Quay West is a parking area for the airport as well?

The taxi queuing area, what you call a roundabout, is always stuff full of taxis. If you get rid of it, they'll go park somewhere else. probably haphazardly on the sidewalk and roads.

I think there's enough existing space for them to queue. Why isn't it more effectively utilized?

upload_2017-12-4_11-46-17.png

upload_2017-12-4_11-48-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-4_11-46-17.png
    upload_2017-12-4_11-46-17.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 626
  • upload_2017-12-4_11-48-22.png
    upload_2017-12-4_11-48-22.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 626
That is queuing for the ferry.. not the Taxi stand. The taxi stand is that loop to the east in your satellite image that is full of cars (taxis). though yes, the ferry queuing area is probably oversized, it could probably be half that size.

Do you mean the huge lakefront parking lot on Little Norway Cres and Stadium Rd? I would love to see that disappear as well. People should be taking transit to the airport - the lakefront should not be paved over.

Does anyone know who owns that lot?

I often commute from western Mississauga to catch an 8am flight from YTZ. The drive time is 30min. The transit commute is currently non-existent. I also know a number of pilots who fly out of YTZ and are not based in downtown Toronto. Maybe you don't realize how much junior pilots are paid, especially on turboprops. There must remain some parking for people that need it. This is supposed to be a travel hub.

In the area yesterday. They could fancy up the outdoor seating for Aroma, and maybe locals would hang out there. Most of what I saw on the ferry were cars and other vehicles.

20180621_144143-PANO.jpg
20180621_144651.jpg

Attachments

• 20180621_144143-PANO.jpg
    20180621_144143-PANO.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 624
  • 20180621_144651.jpg
    20180621_144651.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 694
I did not know there was an Aroma there. Yup, if they spent a couple thousand bucks cleaning that up and making it appealing, they'd be able to attract people to it specifically to enjoy the location. But nope, that looks awful…

Back