Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

^To be marketed under the name "The Trainspotter"?

Hmm. Not bad.
They could name the units The Coach, The Pullman, The Caboose,..Chatanooga Choo Choo..

They have a "name our condo" contest going on for this project now. Promenade Point, Market Manors, and Esplanade Estates are the current leaders (yay alliteration?)

Yep, we sure do. Our new project at Yonge and The Esplanade needs a name and we're hoping the people of Toronto can help us out. We're offering $5,000 for the winning entry. All the details are available on the website below.

Here is a direct link to the page where you can place your vote for the best name. So far I think "Centrum Tower" is the best and most obvious choice. This was my submission so if you like the sound of 'CENTRUM TOWER" please cast your vote for me. I could use the money, LOL.

http://www.nameourcondo.com/vote

Last edited:
I noticed there is also an artistic rendering on the Facebook page for this.

35098_109961965722153_104617412923275_80057_6845037_n.jpg

someone needs to get Daniel Libeskind's input for this....no need to pay him a big fee....just take him for a nice lunch, put a napkin in front of him, and a pen in his hand.....:D

Here is a direct link to the page where you can place your vote for the best name. So far I think "Centrum Tower" is the best and most obvious choice. This was my submission so if you like the sound of 'CENTRUM TOWER" please cast your vote for me. I could use the money, LOL.

http://www.nameourcondo.com/vote

With a slurred voice, that could come across as "Santorum Tower"

"Centrum" is a brand of vitamin -- I doubt the developer could get the rights to use the name. Sorry.

I know there is a brand of vitamins called Centrum but centrum means "center" in Latin. There would be no prohibition on using this word.

In many European countries the term "Centrum" is used to denote the center of the city. The main railroad stations are often referred to as "centrum station"

We have heard in the past that these high profile downtown Condo's have been marketed to Europeans. This term would strike a chord with them.

Also "CENTRUM TOWER" sounds powerful.

Last edited:
I think Citizen might want to rethink the contest rules. Currently they plan to select a name from the top 10 names voted on. So far the top ten list includes such beauties as "buzzbuzz tower" and "corner view". In second place is "The Ego" with 42 votes and in first place "Esplendor Tower" with over hundreds votes.

I think Citizen might want to rethink the contest rules. Currently they plan to select a name from the top 10 names voted on. So far the top ten list includes such beauties as "buzzbuzz tower" and "corner view". In second place is "The Ego" with 42 votes and in first place "Esplendor Tower" with over hundreds votes.

you've got a good point there... though for the moment that was some fine comedy entertainment!:D

Khris, I liked your name and voted for it. I'll expect a kickback if you win!

Back