Toronto AYC Condos | 92.05m | 27s | Metropia | TACT Architecture

Got any sources to back that up other than "poor people are automatically thieves" as you seem to be implying? Because your constant classist remarks are getting severely annoying. Especially for someone who lives in this very neighbourhood and has never had a single problem with any of the people living in the TCHC building or halfway house (but tons of trouble with rich douchebags screaming up and down Avenue Rd. at night with loud cars and motorcycles).

I can name 3-4 times within the last 3 years where there have been break-ins for petty things, like a stolen laptop, change under $10 etc, every single time its either been linked to the halfway house or 250 Davenport, its public information so if you contact the police division they should share that information with you. It does not look like you are getting the point. What I said is treat people like a normal citizen and they will behave like normal people, treat them like outcasts and thieves ( which is what TCHC does) and they will behave that way. I never said or implied that "poor" people are thieves, your mind is somewhere else.

I can name 3-4 times within the last 3 years where there have been break-ins for petty things, like a stolen laptop, change under $10 etc, every single time its either been linked to the halfway house or 250 Davenport, its public information so if you contact the police division they should share that information with you. It does not look like you are getting the point. What I said is treat people like a normal citizen and they will behave like normal people, treat them like outcasts and thieves ( which is what TCHC does) and they will behave that way. I never said or implied that "poor" people are thieves, your mind is somewhere else.

And? 3-4 thefts and break-ins in 3 years is far from enough evidence to suggest the TCHC is a haven of thieves or encourages people to be thieves. As well, how is this building and the halfway house not incorporated in the neighbourhood? I see people walking through the grounds of the TCHC building all the time with their dogs. Sure there could be market rentals inside the actual apartment itself but it is surrounded by market rentals and single family homes. I get your point, which is that you consistently suggest this area is somehow dangerous or at the very least unsavoury because of the TCHC building. What I'm saying is it's not. Again, the only issues I've ever had here are loud cars driving up and down Avenue at the most ridiculous hours. I have literally never had a problem with anyone from the TCHC building.

Dont want to Jinx your luck but those 3-4 times are only the ones on my street since I've moved here, all the best to you and hopefully you wont be a victim of crime.

Looking forward to revitalization renderings by Hariri Pontarini for this great 'tower in the park' structure. Coming soon according to Joe Cressy's twitter account.

I believe that this is a TCHC structure that is part of the first phase of the Tower Renewal Initiaitive.

From the Development App site:

Proposal for rezoning related to a new 28 storey residential condominium with six integrated townhouses as well as two back to back townhouse blocks at grade with 3 levels of underground parking, total of 354 residential units (315 in condo tower), on the Easterly portion of the lot- the 25 storey apartment building will be maintained, the 11 townhouses will be demolished and rebuilt (460 units)

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3789106&isCofASearch=false

AoD

The renders.

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.39.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.18 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.39.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.39.05 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,354
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.54 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,335
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.40 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,354
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 8.38.18 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,327
It's an enormous error. Why on earth would they not put retail there? Along Davenport especially, but there should be retail spaces all around the development on the ground floor. And why townhouses? Why not tall all around?

I'm excited for the area to get denser with this, but I wish it wasn't so timid and suburban.

Though the lack of formal retail along Davenport is puzzling, I wonder if we will see live/work zoning and little businesses popping up in the townhouses as seen in CityPlace.

Back