Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

WRONGO. Trump doesn't even have balconies and its had falling glass twice.

It's an under-construction building and a rare case.

Almost all falling-glass cases in recent Toronto history were balcony glass. So no, not "wrongo".

I've gotta hand it to them. I was not expecting window-wall heavy frames/mullions and spandrel on such a grand scale to look this good! Also, if the curtain-wall glass does indeed reach to the bottom down the spine on the north side, as per Traynor's render, this is going to be stunning. As for the retail, give it time people.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 111000 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jan 24, 2013

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal for 4 new restaurants on ground floor (Dukes, Alice's, Abbey's & Red's) all interconnected to existing mixed use building - "Aura Condo". Scope of work will also include 3 Kitchen Exhaust systems.

Last edited:
26 January 2013:

9848.jpg

Not liking the balcony glass at all ... the glass is already very busy, with all the mullions, which I don't mind, but the balcony just adds more making it messy. I really wish they went for a more glazed (i.e. glass you can't see through ... think Bell Light Box) ... that would have looked so much better.

Everyone will probably jump on me for this, but I would have preferred completely clear glass.
I know... everyone's a critic!

Back