Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

There's no chance whatsoever that PATH will tour around Aura. Who would pay for it?

Meanwhile,

DSC07569.jpg
DSC07739.jpg
DSC07742.jpg
DSC07740.jpg

Attachments

• DSC07569.jpg
    DSC07569.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 1,503
  • DSC07739.jpg
    DSC07739.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 1,485
  • DSC07742.jpg
    DSC07742.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 1,478
  • DSC07740.jpg
    DSC07740.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 1,506
@Torontovibe Congrats, your video tour of Aura is featured in the article.
I read the article and didn't even notice that, so thank you for pointing it out. I'm glad this gloomy mall is getting called out on its third rate design. I don't know if developers have any shame at all when $$$ are involved but this developer should hang their heads in shame. They did a terrible job at street level and below. Actually, I think the whole thing is a failure when it comes to the retail.

What was the point of building that fourth floor patio space if it's not used for anything? It should have been a restaurant/bar looking over Yonge Street and those banks at street level, help to make this place unsuccessful. The retail mix is all wrong.

I read the article and didn't even notice that, so thank you for pointing it out. I'm glad this gloomy mall is getting called out on its third rate design. I don't know if developers have any shame at all when $$$ are involved but this developer should hang their heads in shame. They did a terrible job at street level and below. Actually, I think the whole thing is a failure when it comes to the retail.

What was the point of building that fourth floor patio space if it's not used for anything? It should have been a restaurant/bar looking over Yonge Street and those banks at street level, help to make this place unsuccessful. The retail mix is all wrong.
I am sure it was a stunning success from the point of view of the developer, who managed to sell all those inferior units and can now wash their hands of the whole thing.

"They" can't do much though, as many theys own the various spaces. There would need to be a consolidation of ownership before anything could happen.

Yeah, but I wonder what the chances are of that. Going down there, especially since it's unconnected to the Path and only discreetly connected to College Park, feels like you're going somewhere you're not supposed to be.

I wonder what company would drop the significant amount of cheddar needed to rent that entire space.

Again, just to drill this home, it's not a case of renting the entire space. Those are individually sold off condominium retail units with many different owners now. It's quite possible that they all want out—the majority do of course—although there are a few that seem to be prospering. (Everyone has a price of course.)

I was told something last night that surprised me a bit, but if I have this right, goes a ways to explaining why one thing is the way it is downstairs at Aura: Great West Life Realty, owners of College Park, own the connecting link between it and Aura, all the way up to and including the crash doors. Apparently they're the company that needs to be leaned on to improve that interface between the buildings.

Some photos in addition to our front page story on Friday:

Aura by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

A little side note, I didn't see the Aura lights on tonight. Granted it was only 5:30, but they're usually on by then.

Back