Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

June 1 would be when they dig up the parking lot and start excavating. I'm sure they could add floors at least until excavation is complete.

I stumbled across this site trying to look for college park related pages. I'm not an agent or anything, just a resident in the building. As a Ryerson student living in CP2, I must agree with a lot that's been said. There will only be a select few students that can actually afford the monthly rent of CP2 or in the future, the Aura building. It's no secret that with the high cost of rent, many landlords are having difficulty finding tenants. I'm currently also looking for a tenant to occupy an upper floor unit, but am not having much success. Even with a lowered price, there is not much prospect. It should be interesting to see how many occupants Aura can get.

The parentals have discussed about purchasing units in Aura, but I haven't heard much from them. Their goal is to rent the unit out, but with CP2 already being so difficult to rent, they don't think Aura will be any better.

Also, the space in each unit is getting quite ridiculous. I've ask many school friends about renting places downtown and their responses came as no shock. They want cheap, spacious and close to school. Well, the CP2 building definitely doesn't give cheap, or spacious, but it IS a 7 minute walk to Ryerson. Most of them also want to use the den as an extra bedroom or split the living area into another person's room. Looking at Aura's floor plans and even the units in CP2, a bed in the den may even be pushing it.

A little cousin of mine came to visit me at CP2 and when he walked in he said, "That's it?" Oh, the perks of living in suburbia.

I'm not here to bash CP2, but I would much rather live in an older building up on Bay (let's say Opera Place) than CP2. The fact that there is no visitor parking for the building is an understandable issue, but annoying nonetheless. The elevators in the building are terrible. I've actually been so fed that I've walked them - several times. I don't know how Aura's elevator system will cope with so many more floors.

And I'm glad CP1 and CP2 are not on Yonge. When walking home in the early AM, Yonge gets a bit too sketchy for me.

I sound like a full blown CP2 hater, but really love the building (some of it), especially the graffiti in the elevators.

^I'm wondering if you're not an agent after all? Sounds like an agent trying to be cool. You know the school of thought that any publicity is good publicity?

What exactly do you study at Rye High that makes you unable to string a few thoughts together coherently? Just trying to help you get on the honour roll:)

Now now, Urban Dreamer.. behave. I didn't get those vibes from pinecone at all.
He raises some valid points. This IS a building aimed primarily at the investor.
...and the glut of empty condos for rent are starting to show some claws. Its gonna get really interesting in the next couple years.

^
What exactly do you study at Rye High that makes you unable to string a few thoughts together coherently? Just trying to help you get on the honour roll:)

Must be management..

That's what I studied at Ryerson. - I can't even get my spelling right.

Ah well..it got me a job & I can goof off online all day. ( And in the end that's what counts right?)

^I'm wondering if you're not an agent after all? Sounds like an agent trying to be cool. You know the school of thought that any publicity is good publicity?

Maybe this a comprehension issue on the part of the reader? The less-than-sixty words quoted above could have benefitted from at least one comma and a period.

Regardless of the graffiti in the elevator, this is probably not the building typical of a student rental.

Seems like a lot of fencing and hype over so few people... when does the sales centre open again?

2315435426_86d73cdeb8_b.jpg

People in line on March 6 2008

Seems like a lot of fencing and hype over so few people... when does the sales centre open again?

Agents get a priority number this morning, and then sales start (for agents) this Saturday, based on the priority number that they got this morning.

I'm not sure when it is open to the public. I should have the date somewhere....

I don't care who buys in it as long as it gets built. Preferably with a few floors added.

Looks like syndicates will be dominating this ugly condo again. Probably aimed at the overseas Rye High rental crowd.

Where are all the hot real estate agents in this town? Oh right, they don't need to work outside.

All the hot agents probably moved to Orange County.

Watching the news @ 6 on CTV, I'd say 90% of the agents I saw in line were asian, so you are right. Make that 95%.

It was funny listening to what one of the agents said. He mentioned something about hoping to purchase 100 units and hopefully selling all 100 of them. :rolleyes:

Back