Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

gotta love that first shot someMidtowner! ^ some great (positive) contrast between the upper and lower half of the building. The two elements actually work together, whereas from certain angles (like west on gerard, 2nd pic) the curved portion kinda just sits on top of the building somewhat awkwardly. I wish the curved portion continued down the tower where the balconies end on the west side of Aura.

Yeah, the in the first pic the upper portion of the building looks better, but that shot also shows how bad the different floor heights look. One good way to describe the building is inelegant...it's not graceful.

gotta love that first shot someMidtowner! ^ some great (positive) contrast between the upper and lower half of the building. The two elements actually work together, whereas from certain angles (like west on gerard, 2nd pic) the curved portion kinda just sits on top of the building somewhat awkwardly. I wish the curved portion continued down the tower where the balconies end on the west side of Aura.

The curve is probably going to look rather awkward until the roof element is finished, as that is sort of what ties the whole thing together.

There are a few mismatched balconies, and retail, at or under ground level is pretty blah; having said that this is shaping up to be an impressive new structure... When it's done it'll be the type of building that people stop and look at... And in a good way... I know I've posted twice in a week stating the very same thing, but this is going to end up looking like a more imposing version of 1 Wall Centre in Vancouver...

Last edited:
This building is a tall scar on the downtown skyline, like, in a bad way.

There are a few mismatched balconies, and retail, at or under ground level is pretty blah; having said that this is shaping up to be an impressive new structure... When it's done it'll be the type of building that people stop and look at... And in a good way... I know I've posted twice in a week stating the very same thing, but this is going to end up looking like a more imposing version of 1 Wall Centre in Vancouver...

Please don't insult 1 Wall Centre.

Just on the Aura website and noticed that it's

$60,000 For a Parking Spot!

Holy cow. At CityPlace my parking spot was $24,000 in 2009 and I thought that was steep!

Please don't insult 1 Wall Centre.

1 Wall Centre is worlds ahead of this design.

As for a $60 000 dollar parking space-- I'd much sooner sell my car (theoretically, as I don't have one) than spend that kind of money on a 2m^2 space to park it.

Last edited:
It's $58,000 for a space at E Condos (Yonge and Eg) - and even then its only available to those people buying 2 bed units over 700sf

Man dies in fall from downtown building

Toronto EMS says a man is dead after he fell from a building near Yonge and Gerrard streets. Police say the man fell from a significant height from a condominium building. The incident appears to be a workplace accident, an EMS spokesperson says.

Aura?

Looks like it

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/08/23/man-dead-in-downtown-industrial-accident/#ad-image-0

A man has died after he fell from a building near Yonge and Gerrard streets Friday afternoon, paramedics tell CityNews.

The lanyard on his safety harness broke, Toronto Fire officials tell CityNews.

Capt. Mike Strapko said the man was working when he fell from one roof to another, denting the one below.

He fell about 20 metres.

It’s not yet known what kind of work the man was doing. The building was under construction.

Parts of the building have been evacuated.

Man dies in fall from downtown building

Toronto EMS says a man is dead after he fell from a building near Yonge and Gerrard streets. Police say the man fell from a significant height from a condominium building. The incident appears to be a workplace accident, an EMS spokesperson says.

Aura?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...dead_after_falling_from_toronto_building.html

"Capt. Mike Strapko says the man was on the 70th floor of a building (at 388 Yonge Street) when he fell off it around noon, dropping 181 metres before landing on the 15th floor rooftop of an adjacent building."

OpPC4sx.jpg

Back