Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The retail element is horrible, it looks like a mall in downtown Shenyang..

What a wasted opportunity to do better. But then again, if they can get away with it and save $$, why not?

The main one I visited in Shenyang bears an uncanny resemblance to ours here at Aura, only much bigger. I'm sure in time we will have a "Wedding photos" studio, and naturally, a bubble-tea shop.

Last edited:
Ooooh! First bit of the curving tower curtain-wall!!!!

BxcCvdT.jpg

(Aura webcam HERE )

Remember what happened when we all (myself included) jumped to judge the L Tower's cladding. Then again, we have already seen a great deal of this exact glass on the southern side.

I don't know anything about Shenyang but urban malls in Hong Kong take a lot of design initiatives. If only the "Shops at Aura" had even a fraction of Langham Place's style.

Oh man, Albert. Don't be posting that. It just reminds me of how far our urban malls have fallen in design and retail excellence.

Comparing Langham Place or Pacific Place in HK to the Shops at the Aura or Toronto Life Square (or whatever it's called) is like comparing a 3 star Michelin restaurant to a soup kitchen.

I went to check out Marshall's today and it's not so bad. First of all, they actually have a (badly) finished celling but the lighting is much better than BB&B. The layout is also much better and you can actually check out the views of the city, from their windows. They don't block out the windows like BB&B. Surprisingly, there was a lot of people in the store. It has much bigger crowds then Marshall's on John Street. Another plus is, this store has a design/furniture section, although, it is pretty much the exact copy of Homesense down the street.

Two spaces are open in the basement. Both are hair care places.

Last edited:

Back