Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Man, that Delta sure is sexy.

Some time ago I'm sure someone posted on this board that the balconies aren't accessible. If they keep that property they'd be wise to glass it all in to make the rooms a bit bigger which in turn would update/modernize the exterior.

Some time ago I'm sure someone posted on this board that the balconies aren't accessible. If they keep that property they'd be wise to glass it all in to make the rooms a bit bigger which in turn would update/modernize the exterior.

That's a good idea. You should email them :)

Blimp Pics (http://www.blimppics.com/) is taking pics from the site right now. Giving potential owners their new condo views?

Remember way back in November defence5 spotted Blimp Pics on the Aura site? I think these are some of the pictures they took:

http://www.sothebysrealty.ca/idx/cms/4697/details.html

Sweet views from the 75th! :cool:

AuraView4.jpg

AuraView3.jpg

AuraView2.jpg

AuraView1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I could not live up that high haha.

You would think that for a prestigious company like Sotheby's, they would know how to spell the word sleek.

WOW!>.. they updated those shots recently!

I wonder how they got that high... helicopter?...

Sweet unobstructed (depending on what floor) views!!!

I would die for that view!

I guess I'll always be dreaming but since I was a wee one, not too long ago, I've dreamt of living up on high like that!

It's a nice view but for some reason, i find it kind of boring...everything you see is not to scale any more when your that high up. I think around 50th floor is perfect if unobstructed. You can actually see the curves of the city. When your 75 stories above ground, everything is just dwarfed...IMO

Last edited:
While I do agree that its nice to be at a level similar to other buildings, I think thats more an effect of the extreme wide angle lens they used to get those shots rather than the height alone. I got the same impression as you from the photos that the view wasnt as amazing as I would expect - but trust me they dont convey the actual scale you would see wiith your own eyes from up there. Wide angle lenses tend to exaggerate distances and shrink things in scale. Look at image #1 - you can see 180 degress up and down Bay St in a standard size image (not a panorama)

ha, the above post is 100% correct.

The views would be amazing ... while I'd never want to live that high and I agree there's some merit to being closer to the action those photos are terrible! It would look so much better in real life. The wide angle effect is extremely unrealistic it wouldn't look anything like that with your own eyes from that angle.

The College Park building in the south-west corner of yonge and college is actually a part of this building. the only part that was built before it was cancelled.
But I would much rather have the Aura.

While I do agree that its nice to be at a level similar to other buildings, I think thats more an effect of the extreme wide angle lens they used to get those shots rather than the height alone. I got the same impression as you from the photos that the view wasnt as amazing as I would expect - but trust me they dont convey the actual scale you would see wiith your own eyes from up there. Wide angle lenses tend to exaggerate distances and shrink things in scale. Look at image #1 - you can see 180 degress up and down Bay St in a standard size image (not a panorama)

The images were not taken with a wide angle but were made up of multiple images. They are meant to be seen in a viewer that adjusts for the 180 degree pan.

Back