Toronto Auberge On The Park | 148.9m | 45s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza

It still seems strange to me, all these condo units and there isn't really much within walking distance. If people who live there want to grab a cup of coffee or groceries, will they have to drive? Although, I guess I'm wrong.. you can grab coffee from the car dealership :)

The front page article mentions "943 square metres of commercial retail space".

there's a grocery store 10 mins walk away from the project

I can't imagine retail at this location becoming a destination for many people out side of the immediate complex but the 54 Lawrence bus will take people to the Shops and Don Mills Mall in 10 minutes. The Eglinton LRT is next door, and sunny brook park is across the street.

That being said, why associste condos with waking? There are plenty of condos in Markham, Mississauga and Vaughan where the primary mode of transportation is car based.

Last edited:
I can't imagine retail at this location becoming a destination for many people out side of the immediate complex but the 54 Lawrence bus will take people to the Shops and Don Mills Mall in 10 minutes. The Eglinton LRT is next door, and sunny brook park is across the street.

That being said, why associste condos with waking? There are plenty of condos in Markham, Mississauga and Vaughan where the primary mode of transportation is car based.

That's true, there are many condos without things in walking distance in the 905. However, I figured that those who are buying condos at Eg & Leslie would also be looking at Yonge & Eg to Leaside, which would have things like coffee shops near by.

It's true that you can walk to Don Mills for groceries, but I guess because of this being in a ravine & the way the roads are it feels like an isolated area. Compared to say, the new condos proposed at Eg & Bayview for example, where it's across the street from groceries and if you walk a bit down Bayview there's Starbucks, restaurants etc.

I'd be cautious to invest in a location such as this for those very reasons. It's a very specific market unlike Bayview & Eglinton.

It is great to see development along the cross-town line - but there is only so much more capacity the Yonge line can handle. I really don't feel like this impact has been thought through at the city. I may make the need to push the downtown relief line up to don mills more obvious but I suspect that will only start to get dealt with 10 years from now and then another 15 year to build. I honestly feel like some transit discussions could be prefaced by "in my lifetime" which is very depressing on both levels.

It is great to see development along the cross-town line - but there is only so much more capacity the Yonge line can handle. I really don't feel like this impact has been thought through at the city. I may make the need to push the downtown relief line up to don mills more obvious but I suspect that will only start to get dealt with 10 years from now and then another 15 year to build. I honestly feel like some transit discussions could be prefaced by "in my lifetime" which is very depressing on both levels.

The Crosstown LRT will make it much easier for people to avoid the Yonge line though. They'll only be a short trip from the Spadina line. If Yonge-Eglinton is too busy, I am sure many will skip it and transfer at Eglinton West instead.

The Crosstown LRT will make it much easier for people to avoid the Yonge line though. They'll only be a short trip from the Spadina line. If Yonge-Eglinton is too busy, I am sure many will skip it and transfer at Eglinton West instead.

It may even be quicker to take the Spadina branch, if your destination is in western downtown. Currently continuing on Eglinton across Yonge on a bus is pretty difficult because you have to change buses at Yonge-Eg station, and often buses stay in the bus bay for like 5-10 min as the driver takes a break. With the LRT/subway that trip will be much faster since it's underground, continues through the station, doesn't need to spend time going in and out of the bus bay through a very congested intersection and stops far less than the bus.

According to the Eg Crosstown website, it should take 6 min (4 stops) to go from Eg-Yonge station to Eg-West station.

It also expands our network to be more distributed and less dependant on a few subway lines. For example, if there's some sort of incident at say Davisville shutting down the subway from Eglinton to Bloor, then people from North York on Yonge could head down to Eglinton, switch to the Crosstown and take it west to Eg West, then take the Spadina line south to Bloor. As we build out the rapid transit system it should distribute demand more evenly and create more redundancy.

It also makes trips that don't go downtown much easier. Ex. someone from Eglinton in Scarborough could take a fast trip west to Eg West, then transfer to the Spadina subway north to York U. Or someone at Yonge & Eg could take it west to Mt Dennis, transfer to UPX to get to the airport.

Last Sunday:

inn.jpg

Attachments

• inn.jpg
    inn.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 1,225
Ah finally found the thread on this site.

This will change things, that is for certain. If the Celestica site gets redeveloped, there needs to be a pedestrian and cycling (maybe even automobile) bridge over the rail tracks.

Appealed to the OMB based on the City's failure to render a decision on the application within the allotted time.

City Council at this meeting has voted to attend the OMB to oppose the proposal in its current form, but that in the meantime the City continue to negotiate with the proponent to resolve the issues the Planning Department has with it.

Back