Toronto Auberge On The Park | 148.9m | 45s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza

The Demolition of Inn on the Park

I just noticed that 333609543, over at Skyscraperpage posted that the remaining tower of the former Inn on the Park is currently being demolished. Way to go Toronto. Another modern classic about to bite the dust. "As of Aug. 2014 Pro Green Demolition has begun work to bring remaining tower down after being awarded the contract by Tridel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inn_on_the_Park

Some photos here: http://www.progreendemo.com/projects.html

Though the tower was a later (c1970) addition, i.e. not part of the original Dickinson/WZMH scheme...

Though the tower was a later (c1970) addition, i.e. not part of the original Dickinson/WZMH scheme...

Regardless, it was still an interesting building (and a local landmark) and it was allowed to rot for several years. I still remember when it was sparkling white. It's looked pretty filthy for quite some time, but it would have been nice to have seen it restored.

I don't remember it ever being white. Regardless, you understand there's a business end to things? The building has sat vacant for five plus not because the owner wasn't willing to find tenants and/or redevelopment it into apartments.

It was indeed white in the late 80s when it was still a Four Seasons and I spent the night there. That was the first of a series of ruinous stays at various other Four Seasons!

Does anyone know if tridel bought the site, are there condos planed in the future ?

Inn On The Park being Demo'd

EDIT: Please move this thread. Before I created this thread, I searched Urban Toronto and even GOOGLE for "Inn On The Park" threads and nothing came up (hence why I created this thread). Only now did I notice an existing thread. Please merge - thank you and sorry.

Driving by today, I noticed the former 'Inn on the Park' building being demo'd. Over the past few years, I have been curious to know what was going to happen with this structure. I assumed they were going to convert the former building into condo's, but it seems they are getting rid of this building all together. Looking for any information on this - anyone know what's going on here? Thanks.

(Excuse the poor quality photo).

20141004_133216.jpg

Attachments

• 20141004_133216.jpg
    20141004_133216.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:
It looks like the top art of the tower is being demolished. Does anyone know what is happening? Are they taking the entire tower down or are they just modifying the top?

Back