Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

I recently heard it was not going forward.
It is not going forward? Yay!!!

The floor extension would have Blocked the sun at Dundas Square starting at around 8:30pm during the summer.

I hope you are right that it is not going forward

CIBC vacating Atrium on Bay has me worried they will take the opportunity to "modernize" the space and, exterior.

Could this possibly the new TTC entrance/exit for Dundas station from the Atrium, or is it just a new entrance for MUJI?

20180306_092505.jpg

Attachments

• 20180306_092505.jpg
    20180306_092505.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 531
Could this possibly the new TTC entrance/exit for Dundas station from the Atrium, or is it just a new entrance for MUJI?

I think so - from the Nov 2017 SPA TTC Entrance Plans:

upload_2018-3-7_9-55-1.png

They will be realigning those two doors, and the TTC entrance will be to their right. The stairs will connect to where the bagel shop used to sit across from the LCBO.

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-7_9-55-1.png
    upload_2018-3-7_9-55-1.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
The wooden hoarding in my picture above has been removed, and the glass window panel behind has been replaced by drywall, along with what seems to be a temporary wooden door.

I feel like that TTC entrance is a lot cheaper than what was originally proposed when this first surfaced from what I recall. It's hardly an entrance, really just a new staircase down to the concourse level of the Atrium.

I feel like that TTC entrance is a lot cheaper than what was originally proposed when this first surfaced from what I recall. It's hardly an entrance, really just a new staircase down to the concourse level of the Atrium.

We'll see what ends up being built - it will probably be like the stairs to Queen Station on the northwest corner of Yonge and Queen. I think things might have been different had they been able to build a new entrance into the subway by using the building that currently houses Forever 21 at 302 Yonge. I don't think it's under H&R's ownership though.

I think so - I believe it was a lot more substantial than what's being proposed.

AoD

Back