Toronto Atria Condos (Alto, Trio, Parfait, Parkside) | 137.15m | 43s | Tridel | Turner Fleischer

Alto is seeing new owners moving in now that one was moving in as I was shooting the site today. looks like 4 others on the first 3 floors.

You now can walk freely around the 2 towers except the west side.

From what I could see, Trio should be at grade by year end as its hard to get a clear view of it from any location at grade. More so since they install hording on the west end.

Several days ago, my family was driving by past the site when they saw its hoist on the west side get removed. At that time, only the bottom few floors and penthouse had removed access to the hoist. That, along with the completion of the mechanical penthouse, makes Alto look more attractive to me. Sorry, that was jut a drive by, no images.

30308110846_acaf389487_k.jpg

Reactions: PMT
I hate these main streets where there's grass on both sides of the sidewalks. Especially on the building side where I prefer the buildings to be flush with the sidewalks.

I hate these main streets where there's grass on both sides of the sidewalks. Especially on the building side where I prefer the buildings to be flush with the sidewalks.
You have to get used to the area. It is lacking vibrancy due to its age and lack of effort.

What do you mean? Age as in being a newer area? Or age in being older but with an arguably useless urban design ideal used with landscaping on both sides of a public walkway?

two of the largest land owners in the area are currently building 6 storey parking facilities on site with retail on the ground floor. Now they are certainly not running out of parking space because the vacancy rate in the are is very high (some buildings are half empty) so the only possibe reason that I can think of is they are preparing to redevelop some of their parking lots into residential buildings.

The shoppers drug mart complex is almost done building 1000 parking spaces, while Dorsey Atria just submitted plans to build 600.

I get the shoppers parking garage because they have a lot of land left that could be developed, but the only reason I can think of Atria building would be because Manulife next door is looking to redevelop their lands.

I wonder if that buffer between sidewalk and tower makes things easier to build. (Of course could always be a one storey podium extending off the tower)

The shoppers garage was built to fit the Audi and Porsche dealers from my understanding.

Atria is funny as it has essentially 0 surface lots already, unless it is to make up for the Tridel development, presuming its vacancy rate is dropping.

The buffer usually has to do with the city owning the Right of Way. Wouldn't be surprised if that building has a 0m lot line setback, but the city has a crappy pedestrian realm in front of it.

The American REIT had big plans for Parkway Place (shoppers). I've read though they're pulling out of cautious, conservative Canada and will be now selling it.

What do you mean? Age as in being a newer area? Or age in being older but with an arguably useless urban design ideal used with landscaping on both sides of a public walkway?
For age I mean getting older. It is mostly grass on both sides of the sidewalk.
@Edward Skira doesn't like it because it is more for drivers than pedestrians.

Now I'm gonna go out of the way to say that this building actually looks ok from up close.

IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4046.JPG
    IMG_4046.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 761
  • IMG_4047.JPG
    IMG_4047.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 794
I disagree. They too a boring concept and tried to give it some oomph on a tight budget. It doesn't work at all. They should of stay authentic.

November 9:
P1080291.JPG
P1080292.JPG
P1080294.JPG
P1080295.JPG

Attachments

• P1080291.JPG
    P1080291.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 823
  • P1080292.JPG
    P1080292.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 704