Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

For the earlier buildings in the Aqua family they (or WT) built the water's edge promenade first. Will that be the plan here too? It WOULD be good to get it finished, though probably not open while the building is under construction.
It would be wonderful to see the lovely waterfront promenade finished - for me it's the major unifying element in the whole area, unless you count the similar height, and rather mundane, condos along the stretch. OK, maybe I'm just feeling a little let down by the built form, hence my opinion that the promenade really adds significance And really, how long has it been since the first section of promenade on the west side was completed ? I really want to walk along this stretch someday.

It would be wonderful to see the lovely waterfront promenade finished - for me it's the major unifying element in the whole area, unless you count the similar height, and rather mundane, condos along the stretch. OK, maybe I'm just feeling a little let down by the built form, hence my opinion that the promenade really adds significance And really, how long has it been since the first section of promenade on the west side was completed ? I really want to walk along this stretch someday.

We walk along that promenade all the time, and use the new playground and the splash pads there. Whatever people may think of the buildings themselves, it's a great spot for people living nearby.

This week
CBD32F5F-4CE0-4449-BCF0-461B6D73161D.jpeg
30A1A4B2-A855-44C9-975F-523BC868EA1F.jpeg

Have they started this project yet ? Because I think I see a shoring machine on the sight. In the second last photo up above.

Incredible pics! It's wild that this developing is digging down 4 levels for parking when both the East and South side is bordering the lake. Has there been another situation like this in TO with a similar dig? The engineering involved will be very impressive.
Not sure it's particularly 'impressive' or unique as most of the buildings south of Front Street have underground garages that are below the level of Lake Ontario and the problems are really the same if you are adjacent to the lake or half a mile away. You need to create a watertight 'bathtub".

Last edited:

Back