Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

This one is really nice, too (and makes me think I'm not sure I agree with the DRP comment about the proponents needing to re-think how this side of the building relates to the water).

I kind of agree with the DRP on that call. It looks like the ass end is facing the water. If the setbacks were facing the water instead of inward, it would look less jarring.

depends how involved Kirkor is. If they are essentially just stamping drawings and doing Construction Administration work, it probably won't be too bad. If they are doing structural work, material selection, etc., then yea, watch out.
I'm hoping for the latter, but seeing how the first two Arquitectonica projects are turning out material-wise, and how Aquabella got "spandrellized"- I'm not holding out much hope.
You're hoping for the former.

DRP aren't that bright sometimes.
a) it does face water (residents can take a few steps from the "small" water to the lake if desired)... plus many units have the lake view anyway
b) it's a semi-terminus/left turn to continue for the promenade (absent a bridge)... which offers retail a chance to catch thirsty/hungry/shopping pedestrians.
c) the summer sun will actually reach the pool/amenities because of massing/angles for a good length of time
d) the scale/sculpturing is gorgeous and on this small e/w footprint a DRP solution would be a tower that "addresses" the water.

Leave it be.

I think our market is probably starved of larger size units. These will sell like hotcakes, especially with its premium waterfront location.

Agreed - this will sell well, particularly given the suite size and design. Too bad that the suites will likely be in the $700+ range but given how quickly the recent developments sold out (e.g. Daniels - gone in less than a day) and the pace at which prices have risen in this neighbourhood, it'd be shocking if this doesn't follow suite.

I'm willing to bet they'll be higher than $700 a foot. Aquabella, with roomy expensive suites, and just to the west, sold out in a flash too.

+ quite cool architecture

This one too! It'll sell like crazeeeeeeee.

Plus balcony with garden space!

Sort of an underrated amenity for people who want to downsize to condos, or just want to do some summer gardening. I suppose it is mostly storage space during the winter months, but well. It is a feature you aren't going to get in many other condos.

In March we were looking very hard for a circa 1100 sq ft. condo and there were only a handful of possibilities in the entire city. I doubt that we are the only people looking for a larger unit. My guess is that the units will sell quickly.

Back