Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

This warehouse was the Canpar central freight sorting plant. I worked there briefly in the 1990's. Canpar moved to a new facility in Mississauga in the 2000's. I have seen archival black & white pictures of this stretch of QQ with bulk oil tanks here. I believe it was a Standard Oil facility. My research skills suck and I have not found any more info.

This warehouse was the Canpar central freight sorting plant. I worked there briefly in the 1990's. Canpar moved to a new facility in Mississauga in the 2000's. I have seen archival black & white pictures of this stretch of QQ with bulk oil tanks here. I believe it was a Standard Oil facility. My research skills suck and I have not found any more info.

I think the bulk tanks are further down by Lake Shore - aerial photos from 1961:

1618622465269.png

Those tanks north of Keating Channel are all gone by 81.

AoD

Last edited:
Looks like QQE had a nice extension eastward along the Keating Channel back in the 60's. Shame they didn't retain some of that stretch.

Saw a pdf recently that outlined the majority of Waterfront TO projects, and it put occupancy for this in 2025. That feels like a long time for something already digging, no?

Saw a pdf recently that outlined the majority of Waterfront TO projects, and it put occupancy for this in 2025. That feels like a long time for something already digging, no?

If you reference the thread for its sister building Aquabella, you can see that cranes went in July 2018.

That building isn't yet complete; and this one doesn't yet have a crane.

So that's 3 years and a bit right there.

This building is also 4 storeys taller.

I think on that basis Q4 2024 would not be unreasonable, but neither would early 2025.

Back