Toronto Aqualina at Bayside | 47.85m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

I think it's the horrible coloured spandrel that makes this look bad although the roof treatment is doing this building no favours!

Not sure why all the hate.

IMG_4687.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4687.JPG
    IMG_4687.JPG
    477.1 KB · Views: 284
Boring colours, ugly cheap cladding, weird massing. Yay, another prime location wasted on shitty, shitty architecture! Anyone have the rendering handy? Would like to compare.

I was not a fan when I saw the very first renderings. In fact, I was extremely disappointed. But having watched this building go up, and seeing it up close many times, I have to say I'm very impressed with the finish details, spandrel and all, and I've grown to like this building. I think it complements the waterfront in an appropriate way, and will blend in nicely with the varied built form yet to come to the north and east.

Last edited:
Taken May 14, 2017:

Looking east from Aqualina at the water's edge. I'm looking forward to this boulevard being opened to the public and the boardwalk extension to be built.

The trees doesn't look particularly healthy - haven't they been in the ground for 2 years now? Seem to recall they did better elsewhere at a similar timeframe.

AoD

Back