Toronto Aqualina at Bayside | 47.85m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

The Pan Am Village is a dud that could have looked so much better.

The area isn't fully built out yet so there's still hope they will change it up with future buildings.

The Pan Am Village is a dud that could have looked so much better.
I live there now, and while it's a bit sparse, it's a pretty great spot. Once the other projects fill in the now-undeveloped areas, it will be fantastic. (Personally, I think River City 3 is one of the most adventurous building architecturally that is currently under construction.)

The area isn't fully built out yet so there's still hope they will change it up with future buildings.

Yes, hopefully. But Block 12 and 13 better be special. My frustration lies in all the grey rather than the simple architecture. Canary Park's conceptual rendering was supposed to be red brick and we got grey. One or two grey buildings would have been fine but not a whole neighbourhood. Regent Park has far more colour and colourful accents. It's almost like they planned it to be this way and to let residents know that the former Regent Park is a thing of the past.

Some people made the decision that it should be grey. I believe they don't have to live here.

I live there now, and while it's a bit sparse, it's a pretty great spot. Once the other projects fill in the now-undeveloped areas, it will be fantastic. (Personally, I think River City 3 is one of the most adventurous building architecturally that is currently under construction.)

That's fine; you made a conscious decision to live in a grey neighbour. I'm saying that my partner and I didn't. River City sold us conceptual renderings of Pan Am Village way before anything was built and it looked really exciting. Now that we have zero faith in developers, I apologize for now not being super enthused about East Bayfront. I find the concrete shells the most exciting stage, then it all goes downhill.

River City sold us conceptual renderings of Pan Am Village way before anything was built and it looked really exciting. Now that we have zero faith in developers, I apologize for now not being super enthused about East Bayfront.

Not sure why you would believe the developers at River City about what the developers at Canary were going to do. Perhaps you should have asked the Canary developers for their plans.

One must understand that we purchased at RC1 way before there was a sales centre for Canary District. We didn't even know it was going to be called Canary District. You would have had to have seen the original sales package for RC1 to know that their whole marketing plan was based on S+P architecture as well as being part of the West Donlands, the new park, and Pan Am Village. There was a lot of expectations here based on this marketing material designed solely to sell condo units.

Yes, of course, we don't believe anything they force upon the unsuspecting public now and a huge YES we learned our lesson and will never trust these fraudsters again. They only like to party and have cool sales events. Young innocent first time buyers eventually get mature and grey hairs after these types of experiences.

We are happy with the park and the art and that's it, and not the grey. The village is now looking too similar to our hair colour :(

Taken this afternoon. New glazing on the podium level. Must admit that I like it. Quite reflective.

Aqua-1.jpg

Aqua-2.jpg

Aqua-3.jpg

Aqua-4.jpg

Aqua-5.jpg

Aqua-6.jpg

Aqua-7.jpg

New trees looking healthy, in spite of the heat and dryness of the summer.

Aqua-8.jpg

A new precast panel being added to northeast corner...

Aqua-9.jpg

Aqua-10.jpg

Attachments

• Aqua-1.jpg
    Aqua-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,501
  • Aqua-2.jpg
    Aqua-2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,528
  • Aqua-3.jpg
    Aqua-3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,508
  • Aqua-4.jpg
    Aqua-4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,511
  • Aqua-5.jpg
    Aqua-5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,508
  • Aqua-6.jpg
    Aqua-6.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,528
  • Aqua-7.jpg
    Aqua-7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,469
  • Aqua-8.jpg
    Aqua-8.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,496
  • Aqua-9.jpg
    Aqua-9.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,458
  • Aqua-10.jpg
    Aqua-10.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,453
One must understand that we purchased at RC1 way before there was a sales centre for Canary District. We didn't even know it was going to be called Canary District. You would have had to have seen the original sales package for RC1 to know that their whole marketing plan was based on S+P architecture as well as being part of the West Donlands, the new park, and Pan Am Village. There was a lot of expectations here based on this marketing material designed solely to sell condo units.

Yes, of course, we don't believe anything they force upon the unsuspecting public now and a huge YES we learned our lesson and will never trust these fraudsters again. They only like to party and have cool sales events. Young innocent first time buyers eventually get mature and grey hairs after these types of experiences.

We are happy with the park and the art and that's it, and not the grey. The village is now looking too similar to our hair colour :(

Within the category of "White People Problems" is there a subset "White People with Grey Hair Problems"?
To paraphrase, you are 'happy with the outstanding park, the indie shops, the public art, the trees, the proximity to Distillery District, the new roads and cycling options, restored Victorians - but too much grey + sad face?"

Morning update.... this glazing seems especially reflective today, including the windows on the second floor units. My feeling is this will look pretty decent when all is said and done.

Aqualina-1.jpg

Aqualina-2.jpg

Aqualina-3.jpg

Aqualina-4.jpg

Aqualina-5.jpg

Aqualina-6.jpg

Aqualina-7.jpg

Aqualina-8.jpg

Aqualina-9.jpg

Attachments

• Aqualina-1.jpg
    Aqualina-1.jpg