Toronto Aquabella at Bayside | 50.9m | 14s | Tridel | 3XN

Agreed. Not usually a fan of Tridel but this is looking really good.

leg of the Bayside boardwalk is now open!
DC217B11-7B64-4EBC-80EB-435FE35FC7D8.jpeg

and new public art:
A4A5ED4F-7DEB-499E-83FA-1F6308BEBEC1.jpeg
E2DCA2C0-7C1F-42A6-A1C6-BD46429B0D5D.jpeg

Tridel is hit and miss with condos, usually the latter. So far I don't have any complaints.

Yes, I was there this week and if anything, they're looking much worse.
this is super concerning and dissapointing. i was away from the city for a bit, and when i recently returned home and went for a run along the promenade, my heart sank. these trees were doing so well for so many years, the canopy thick and healthy and one of the proud moments of proper tree planting for WT. So many of them now completely dried up, or have dried leaves and covered in the white/black bulges that i assume are an insect infestation. really and truly wondering what WT is doing about this to save the ones that are left. that row of trees is IMO the main attraction of that part of the waterfront.

this is super concerning and dissapointing. i was away from the city for a bit, and when i recently returned home and went for a run along the promenade, my heart sank. these trees were doing so well for so many years, the canopy thick and healthy and one of the proud moments of proper tree planting for WT. So many of them now completely dried up, or have dried leaves and covered in the white/black bulges that i assume are an insect infestation. really and truly wondering what WT is doing about this to save the ones that are left. that row of trees is IMO the main attraction of that part of the waterfront.
Have you sent an email to WT? Does anyone have their contact info? Strength in numbers :)

This building is certainly a standout, but unfortunately I can't say the same for the rest of East Bayfront which is really looking like a missed opportunity. Those shots from the water really cement how it's just more of the same greyish-blue glass that already dominates the landscape. I look at something like Krøyers Plads in Copenhagen and think how wonderful a neighbourhood made with predominantly red brick would've looked here. Not only would it stand out from the water, but it would thematically tie East Bayfront into the nearby Old Toronto and Distillery vernacular.

Back