Toronto Aquabella at Bayside | 50.9m | 14s | Tridel | 3XN

You're incorrect. The renders are available in the city planning documents. It took me 5min to dig them up. Circled is the cladding you think is the white cladding, which is a dark grey, but ended up being a medium shade of grey – likely to lighten up the overall building footprint. I will reiterate again, they've not introduced the white cladding that spans up the north and east sides (which will continue to wrap around the balconies, creating the shadowbox design).

I hope this helps clear up your mistake.

View attachment 244168View attachment 244169

It does, thanks — so sorry it took so much out of your day to do so and, yet again, many thanks for being such a magnanimous and reasonable adult.

It does, thanks — so sorry it took so much out of your day to do so and, yet again, many thanks for being such a magnanimous and reasonable adult.
Wow, you have some serious issues to reply like that. You were clearly in the wrong and being annoyingly relentless. Your sarcasm speaks volumes.

Wow, you have some serious issues to reply like that. You were clearly in the wrong and being annoyingly relentless. Your sarcasm speaks volumes.
It’s pretty clear to me that @WeirdFishes was speaking down to @ADRM when responding to him, and I can see why @ADRM was annoyed. Now, you’re ramping up this up to straight ad hominem. This ends now, or social distancing will be parcelled out.

It honestly feels like this project will either pull together at the end with the balcony cladding, or completely reveal itself to be another irreversibly spandrel-fied Tridel project.

It’s pretty clear to me that @WeirdFishes was speaking down to @ADRM when responding to him, and I can see why @ADRM was annoyed. Now, you’re ramping up this up to straight ad hominem. This ends now, or social distancing will be parcelled out.

Maybe there should be feature where they just post angry red faces at each other... >.>

It honestly feels like this project will either pull together at the end with the balcony cladding, or completely reveal itself to be another irreversibly spandrel-fied Tridel project.
100%, this will all come down to the balcony cladding and wraparound patio sky gardens. This one could totally be a hit or miss, but I have high hopes. I'm loving the two peaks and integrated mechanicals, makes for an interesting footprint on the waterfront.

I'm guessing we should see the white cladding make an appearance this month or next, first on the east wall. I saw them busy yesterday adding what looked like hardware to install the cladding (the building is currently on my jogging route). I tried to zoom in with my iPhone, but it's a bit too far.

Following up with an update on the cladding fasteners for the white cladding - you can see them on the upper under pads on the North face (little metal brackets). I imagine we’ll see some test panels making an appearance by next week.

90AE00B3-10D9-48A6-A4C1-4099458DA91A.jpeg

Probably those installed brackets are used to carry the GRC panels, I still have hope to see GRC facades in this project.

So I suppose the question is not why they got rid of the white panels (because it seems like those are forthcoming), but rather why they drastically lightened the window wall frames. IMO the stark contrast of white on black would have been a bit sweeter. From my experience, there aren't as lot of value engineering savings when choosing one RAL colour over another but I could be mistaken..

The smaller (red) easterly crane has just been removed. Rather odd, in my opinion, as they are still working on the penthouse floor but maybe they can just use a mobile crane or the hoist to get stuff up there now.

Back