Toronto Accolade Condo | ?m | 34s | Tridel | Burka

View South
IMG_5636.jpg

Nice view, but driving down the DVP i have always been curious of who would live in those low-rise derelict ugly apt. buildings sandwiched between that roundish building and the office complex parking garage.:eek:

Accolade June 15, 2009

Here's a scouting photo taken mid-June of Accolade from the 10th floor of a nearby building.

IMG_20090615.jpg

great shot TWM .. looks like she's almost all glassed in ... when does occupy begin for Accolade ?

(I'm guessing the shot was taken from 2 McDonald Place ~)

great shot TWM .. looks like she's almost all glassed in ... when does occupy begin for Accolade ?

(I'm guessing the shot was taken from 2 McDonald Place ~)

Occupancy is expected to start in the early fall pending permit application.

Daily Commercial News

This is a good update for the Delmanor Wynford ... Accolade is seen peeking out in the background ~

Building for retirement in Toronto
July 9, 2009

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Construction has reached the top floor of the Delmanor Wynford Retirement Rental Residence on Eglinton Ave. E. in Toronto, Ont. Tridel Corp.has completion of the six-storey, 120-unit building with one level of underground parking set for late fall 2009. The Delmanor was designed by Burka Architects Inc. Consultants are: Sigmund Soudack & Associates Inc. (structural); Nova Trend Engineering Group Ltd. (mechanical/electrical); and NAK Design Group (landscape). Subcontractors include: Magine General Contractors Inc. (excavating); Dolente Concrete & Drain Co.; Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Alliance Forming Ltd.; Gottardo Masonry; Network Mechanical Inc.; Nortown Electrical Contractors Associates; Bellwood Sheet Metal Ltd.; ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.; and Ashland Paving & Construction Ltd.

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id34433

Nice view, but driving down the DVP i have always been curious of who would live in those low-rise derelict ugly apt. buildings sandwiched between that roundish building and the office complex parking garage.:eek:

Flemingdon Park welfare recipients? Even though those apartements are ghastly, the thing I still cant believe is that they built that ridiculous subdivision of detached homes in between the two groupings of office towers. I'd have rather seen the land sit vacant until demand emerged for more office space here.

Last edited:
August 2 2009 update

Accolade on its way to completion ~

IMG_1378.jpg

Last edited:
Even though the building design was slightly revised near the top ... I believe the lantern continues to be part of the 'new' design, when completed this tower should be spectacular at night ~ :)

October 7, 2008

Even though those apartements are ghastly, the thing I still cant believe is that they built that ridiculous subdivision of detached homes in between the two groupings of office towers. I'd have rather seen the land sit vacant until demand emerged for more office space here.

The subdivision is a stange one however, it's far more likely these office towers will continue to be converted and/or demolished than there ever being a need to build new ones.

I usually don't travel to the area, but I was surprised when I did. Offices of major corporations different eras stand near quite attractive high-rises. Though it feels quite suburban with the plentiful parking lots, cul-de-sacs, and towers-in-the-park, it seems as though the area also has a cool urbanity to it as well with its density and mix of employment and high-rise residential.

The subdivision is a stange one however, it's far more likely these office towers will continue to be converted and/or demolished than there ever being a need to build new ones.

Although your probably right that there will be no new office buildings they current ones are not sitting early so I can't see them being demolished any time soon.

In the future - with further tax equalization (if it actually happens) it might give companies more incentive to locate in this area (Sheppard, 404, 401, Eglinton, Vic Park or so)

Back