Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Work on the 48th floor lounge finally completed a few weeks ago. Here are a few shots. The views are pretty great!

AbPan1.jpg

PC295248.jpg

PC295251.jpg

PC295337.jpg

PC295395.jpg

PC295399.jpg

PC295234.jpg

Attachments

• AbPan1.jpg
    AbPan1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,444
  • PC295248.jpg
    PC295248.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,409
  • PC295251.jpg
    PC295251.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,387
  • PC295337.jpg
    PC295337.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,380
  • PC295395.jpg
    PC295395.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,369
  • PC295399.jpg
    PC295399.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,393
  • PC295234.jpg
    PC295234.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,417
Last edited:
I took some shots of the lounge and came here to post them, but will instead tuck my tail between my legs and let your far more professional looking photos be what everyone gets to see.

The pictures don't do a good job of conveying the lighting, though, and I feel they are using the wrong color temperature. You color-adjusted the photos, eh JP?

I'm not a fan of the procedure to access the suite, but they are doing that to prevent it from becoming a playground or place to send your kids to when they are annoying you in your suite. Also, despite it being clearly designed to "host" a group, you are unable to book the suite for a get together - at least for now - as they feel it's too nice to let get trashed like the party rooms do. I don't blame them, but it was a Sunday afternoon baby shower that I was inquiring about :)

Also, regarding the balcony doors being locked... I'm thinking they'll stay that way, or be fastened shut. It's one thing to jump or fall from your own balcony - or throw something - but another thing entirely for it to happen in a public area where the condo corp could be legally responsible.

Last edited:
I took some shots of the lounge and came here to post them, but will instead tuck my tail between my legs and let your far more professional looking photos be what everyone gets to see.

The pictures don't do a good job of conveying the lighting, though, and I feel they are using the wrong color temperature. You color-adjusted the photos, eh JP?

I'm not a fan of the procedure to access the suite, but they are doing that to prevent it from becoming a playground or place to send your kids to when they are annoying you in your suite. Also, despite it being clearly designed to "host" a group, you are unable to book the suite for a get together - at least for now - as they feel it's too nice to let get trashed like the party rooms do. I don't blame them, but it was a Sunday afternoon baby shower that I was inquiring about :)

Also, regarding the balcony doors being locked... I'm thinking they'll stay that way, or be fastened shut. It's one thing to jump or fall from your own balcony - or throw something - but another thing entirely for it to happen in a public area where the condo corp could be legally responsible.

I doubt they would keep the balconies locked. I don't think I have ever seen that happen in any other building.

Yes I made some adjustments as the original photo was overexposed given the amount of natural light that day. I also wanted to highlight the accent lighting in the darker images so I switched off the main flourescent-looking lights.

The procedure to access the lounge can be a hassle but i'm actually glad they're being strict. It's a very nice lounge and it would be a shame to have some idiots (and/or their guests) damage it. Have you seen the touchscreens on the westside elevators? Apparently somebody headbutted and shattered it - how classy. I think the lounge is a great place for residents to sit and relax, read, do some work on the laptop or watch some tv. Otherwise, to lounge, as opposed to party.

I also agree with you on the balcony access. I spoke to security and they mentioned the same liability issues.

Yes I made some adjustments as the original photo was overexposed given the amount of natural light that day. I also wanted to highlight the accent lighting in the darker images so I switched off the main flourescent-looking lights.
It's actually all LED lighting, just a poor choice in color temperature. Same color as the stuff in the coves in the ground floor ceiling coves. Probably around 6500K, which is too cold/blue.

The procedure to access the lounge can be a hassle but i'm actually glad they're being strict. It's a very nice lounge and it would be a shame to have some idiots (and/or their guests) damage it. Have you seen the touchscreens on the westside elevators? Apparently somebody headbutted and shattered it - how classy.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. At least for now. There was a family with 4 kids in there when I went, and it wouldn't be a very pleasant 'lounge' if kids were coming and going at will. As for the headbutt touchscreens - I'm above 27, so I use the west side elevators and saw the damage daily until the media company replaced it. it was actually a resident and not a guest. They had it all on video, of course.

I think the lounge in 60 is also on the 48th floor, or maybe 50th - because it's not up as close to the top of their tower as ours.

It's actually all LED lighting, just a poor choice in color temperature. Same color as the stuff in the coves in the ground floor ceiling coves. Probably around 6500K, which is too cold/blue.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. At least for now. There was a family with 4 kids in there when I went, and it wouldn't be a very pleasant 'lounge' if kids were coming and going at will. As for the headbutt touchscreens - I'm above 27, so I use the west side elevators and saw the damage daily until the media company replaced it. it was actually a resident and not a guest. They had it all on video, of course.

I think the lounge in 60 is also on the 48th floor, or maybe 50th - because it's not up as close to the top of their tower as ours.

It's definitely LED but yes, the colour temp makes it look more flourescent-looking. I usually kept those lights off and just have the accent lighting when I was up there. I prefer the warmer tones.

Its not really a place for little kids anyways. Its a nice space to chill with friends, play some pool or just hang out. Unfortunately, I already noticed a bit of damage on the floors the last time I went. It might have been from furniture movement.

I wonder if anyone from 60 is on Urban Toronto. If so, i'd love to see what their lounge looks like! :)

PC295268-2s.jpg

Attachments

• PC295268-2s.jpg
    PC295268-2s.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,032
There's a Town & Country Market on Duke of York. A 5 min walk away. What this area needs is a Loblaws. I think Central Parkway Mall area would make a perfect spot for one.

As for the top of the of one of the towers lit up... that sounds intriguing!

Looking at that last picture, I hope they're going to plant some trees. There's certainly ample space for some. The signage seems like an afterthought and could clutter the look. White signage always looks cheap IMO.

The north portion of the roof (small tower) had the lighting display on. Vibrant and multi coloured, changing every 30 seconds. It will be quite a sight when complete.

The north portion of the roof (small tower) had the lighting display on. Vibrant and multi coloured, changing every 30 seconds. It will be quite a sight when complete.

Was looking at the lights a couple days ago and nothing to write home about nor does anything for the towers.

Very small area and changes colours as noted. It is cheap looking as noted.

Only the large south area not lease from what I see. T&C takes up all the other unites other than the 2 at the north end and the south one. Turn out to be very poor and not creating the objected as plan. Then that whole thing is a mess in the first place.

Dominion was in Sq One before the major expansion about 10 years and Metro now over at Iona Plaza at Central Parkway & Mississauga Valley. Rarely I shop there and go to 5 & 10 to do it or at No Frills considering it is in walking distance in the first place. Buy stuff from Walmart from time to time. Been to Ocean before it makeover and never been back since then.

Back