Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

These towers come with a lighting feature on top? I didn't know that. I'm still waiting for the bottle tops to come off. Wasn't that the original plan?

Looks like they are testing a portion of the smaller tower with a light feature.

IMAG2314.jpg

IMAG2316.jpg

IMAG2317.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2314.jpg
    IMAG2314.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,653
  • IMAG2316.jpg
    IMAG2316.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,653
  • IMAG2317.jpg
    IMAG2317.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,663
Of course it's just for testing. I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever consider leaving that as a finished product.

now that the buildings are "substantially complete" ... is it fair to expect the 'bottlecaps' at the top are here to stay (notwithstanding builder's previous claims) ?

now that the buildings are "substantially complete" ... is it fair to expect the 'bottlecaps' at the top are here to stay (notwithstanding builder's previous claims) ?

I wouldn't say so, considering the architectural features on the podium were just completed, and the lighting is only being tested now. Seems like there is still quite a bit of work going on. The builder's priority was getting people moved in, not cosmetic finishes. Only now are they focusing on the little things. Hoping the bottle caps are next, and seeing them still working away on things gives me hope that they will... but who knows!

Finally lit! Not sure how long they've been lit up (I would've noticed if it was done for a while). Just saw tonight:

8tCl1VZ.jpg

They seem to be alternating between blue and white purpleish (one is blue and the other is purple, then each fades into the other's colour).

Last edited:
Yeah sorry, only had a crappy cellphone camera and the zoom would be useless. Looks nice though. Lord knows I've been waiting for them to light the tops up for years. So when I saw it, I knew I needed to take a picture to share with you folks at UT (even though I hadn't logged in in probably over a year!!)

Last edited:

Back