Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

They've tried to get to ground level but the foundation keeps corkscrewing downwards.

absolute-20090112.jpg

They've tried to get to ground level but the foundation keeps corkscrewing downwards.

This funny comment has not gone unnoticed!

The reason that parking levels are going so slow is that there has been alot of changes to the pg. The reason is that the townhouses in the front where not selling because they where too big and pricey. So they redesigned them a bit smaller and will now have some retail.

I know this has probably been discussed to death but oh man...

The rest of Absolute is so bad it will really take away from these two potentially stunning towers. How do you stick 2 buildings that will gain worldwide recognition right next to some of the most bland, uninspired new condos anywhere in the GTA (or probably the planet)?

I just find them really offensive and truly the worst of MCC considering all the legit jewels and nice developments that have sprung up.

The reason that parking levels are going so slow is that there has been alot of changes to the pg. The reason is that the townhouses in the front where not selling because they where too big and pricey. So they redesigned them a bit smaller and will now have some retail.

I was told by the building manager that the only retail would be one store in the amenities center...

Yep, but we never heard anything regarding that since that announcement.

Even if there was a redesign it didn't state that there needs to be retail from what I recall.

We'll have to wait and see unless someone can get some inside info.

I know this has probably been discussed to death but oh man...

The rest of Absolute is so bad it will really take away from these two potentially stunning towers. How do you stick 2 buildings that will gain worldwide recognition right next to some of the most bland, uninspired new condos anywhere in the GTA (or probably the planet)?

I just find them really offensive and truly the worst of MCC considering all the legit jewels and nice developments that have sprung up.

I also found it surprising that the other towers were so average and seemingly uninfluenced by the sophistication of the flagship towers. Fortunately they're not offensive in a BeBloor way, and will fade into the background. They just look worse standing next to the twisting towers.

At least they didn't put up more "Disney" towers in the background. That would have been a bizarre juxtaposition.

I totally agree that it's a shame the other Absolute towers aren't better looking, but they're not really that horrible. Their northeast facing sides are very attractive actually, as they're all glass. I just think something much better could have been done with such a huge space of land. And for the millionth time, the townhouses (as nice as they are) are the worst part of the whole thing.

in any case, Anth thx for photo update

No problem! I figure since I have a front row seat, UT should have one too. Can't post popcorn yet unfortunately, but at this rate we probably won't need it for a while.

I hope a building goes up someday in the corner where the trees are. Those bldgs on the SE corner sure are a towers-in-the-park type development.

Back