Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

139olive-oyl-popeye-posters1.jpg

Will that be 6 (!!!) levels of underground parking?

I 'think' it may eveb be 7 levels underground

Marilyn will be their L Tower...

Except she didn't get circumcised.

Who knows. She might become a box.

good for Mississauga to get Absolute World well underway for construction as originally planned, I'm happy to see something bold like this go up... unfortunately the same does not happen to the 'l Tower' in TO :eek:

absolute-20081118.jpg

Check out the wooden fence they put up in front of the townhouses along Burnhamthorpe to the far right of the picture.

Check out the wooden fence they put up in front of the townhouses along Burnhamthorpe to the far right of the picture.[/QUOTE]
I might be wrong, but from the looks of that picture, it appears the southeast corner is now the access point for the south tower. There looks like there's a concrete truck delivering already.

I can't tell if the trailer behind the townhouses is far enough forward that it could be used, or if it would even be possible to use that point.

EDIT: Btw- when did Resolve get there name on the Robert Speck Building? Last time I was in town, there was only symcor and Desjardins.

I can't tell if the trailer behind the townhouses is far enough forward that it could be used, or if it would even be possible to use that point.

I think it is an access point. IIRC, there's a chain link gate on that side and so maybe the wooden fence is only temporary. I hope so since I already wasn't thrilled with Absolute's Burnhamthorpe frontage and this reminds me of the police station by Six Points.

when did Resolve get there name on the Robert Speck Building? Last time I was in town, there was only symcor and Desjardins.

Very recently, possibly this past summer.

yes, the wooden fence only extends to where the cement trucks enter for tower #4....it is temporary only, to give the townhouse owners some privacy..

I think it is an access point. IIRC, there's a chain link gate on that side and so maybe the wooden fence is only temporary. I hope so since I already wasn't thrilled with Absolute's Burnhamthorpe frontage and this reminds me of the police station by Six Points.

Very recently, possibly this past summer.

Deloitte has also put up signange. Cant see in the picture... but the CIBC office building to the left has it.

Shouldn't the thread title be MAD? Not Yansong Ma?

I'm glad that fence is temporary. I'm also not impressed with those townhouses. They are nice! Just not in the right place at all.

Shouldn't the thread title be MAD? Not Yansong Ma?

I'm glad that fence is temporary. I'm also not impressed with those townhouses. They are nice! Just not in the right place at all.

I worked on the crane for building 3 for a coupla weeks when it was still in the hole...

I was walking around with the other operator and I remember saying how ridiculous it would be for someone to pay a quarter million for one of these boxes...

2 years later................

I ended up buying one...

I worked on the crane for building 3 for a coupla weeks when it was still in the hole...

I was walking around with the other operator and I remember saying how ridiculous it would be for someone to pay a quarter million for one of these boxes...

2 years later................

I ended up buying one...

It's the luxury of living in something special. I'm sure you won't regret it. There won't be another building in Mississauga that can be compared to your condo design for a long time.

It's the luxury of living in something special. I'm sure you won't regret it. There won't be another building in Mississauga that can be compared to your condo design for a long time.

I think you might have misunderstood...

I bought one of the townhouses which are already finished...

But I can't wait for the Monroe's to go up...

Sometimes, when I come home, I look into the job to see their progress...

I actually almost got placed in the second crane...

That would've been a nice commute eh???

VDub, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your purchase of the townhouse!

I've always been curious, how is the noiseproofing in those units? there is a lot of glass, can you hear buses/trucks/etc..?

It's a great development, and I think you will see a lot of excitement here on the forum when Marilyn pokes up over the hoarding...:)

VDub, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your purchase of the townhouse!

I've always been curious, how is the noiseproofing in those units? there is a lot of glass, can you hear buses/trucks/etc..?

It's a great development, and I think you will see a lot of excitement here on the forum when Marilyn pokes up over the hoarding...:)

Noise proofing is horrible...

Those buildings will be great to watch go up...

And btw...

It was discussed on here earlier about the Monroe's structure...

There is not a typical core for the units...

The only thing typical is the elevator, stairs, and garbage chute...

Back