Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Sept 1

End up with a few hours to kill on Tuesday after a meeting was cancel and since it was a real nice day, decided to do some photo shooting.

The 2nd tower core should be pour next week for the 2nd floor since all grade level work is finish.

By November, the first tower will be making a real statement look from various location I have shot from as well a few I have not.

I have place all the photo's (50) I shot up on youtube and can be seen here. A few of them are below.

IMG_sept-01-09-0030.jpg

IMG_sept-01-09-0028.jpg

IMG_sept-01-09-0133.jpg

IMG_sept-01-09-0044.jpg

IMG_sept-01-09-0076.jpg

Good for MCC for getting head-turners like these but I can't help myself, I'm so jealous!

Can you say Yonge and Bloor x 1-1/2.:)
If MCC could become even half the "neighborhood" of Yonge & Bloor it would be a huge accomplishment. I highly doubt it will happen, though - at least not in the area of these buildings.

The good thing is that projects like this, much like Square One itself was, become a cool place be and become focal points that draw people from far and wide. It will help.

If MCC could become even half the "neighborhood" of Yonge & Bloor it would be a huge accomplishment. I highly doubt it will happen, though - at least not in the area of these buildings.

The good thing is that projects like this, much like Square One itself was, become a cool place be and become focal points that draw people from far and wide. It will help.

I don't think that's what he meant by his reply. I think he meant to say the new 1 Bloor could be like Absolute World, but 1.5 times bigger.

I think you completely missed the point of his post ... moreover, if you're that insecure about Yonge and Bloor and need to defend it against this part of MCC / or anything for that matter you have other issues to deal with :p

Sorry, it's just we've been pretty good about avoiding the whole MCC vs Toronto thing the past while ... don't jump to conclusions.

I think you completely missed the point of his post ... moreover, if you're that insecure about Yonge and Bloor and need to defend it against this part of MCC / or anything for that matter you have other issues to deal with :p
Yes, I misunderstood him. You have to admit the wording wasn't exactly clear ...and you completely missed the point of mine. I live near MCC and would like nothing better than for this area to grow - there was no insecure defense of Y+E at all.

Sorry, it's just we've been pretty good about avoiding the whole MCC vs Toronto thing the past while ... don't jump to conclusions.
Yes.

Yes, I misunderstood him. You have to admit the wording wasn't exactly clear ...and you completely missed the point of mine. I live near MCC and would like nothing better than for this area to grow - there was no insecure defense of Y+E at all.

Yes.

Ah ... now you're comparing to Yonge and Eglinton I see ... :D

Okay sure, like I said, we've had many MCC vs Y&__ (insert letter..) so I just didn't want to see you go down that path.

Ah ... now you're comparing to Yonge and Eglinton I see ... :D
I wasn't the one who brought it up, but I suppose I sort of did end up using it as a comparative measuring stick.

That area - or any other "alive" neighborhood in any dense big city would suit me just fine. I just came back from 4 days in NYC and long for the kind of dense, mixed use pedestrian-friendly zones that make it really feel like a "city".

The way it's been going is more Pudong than anything else that comes quickly to mind - big streets and big buildings, but little cohesion at street level.

01910231wPudong.jpg

Stick Square One in the middle of that picture where the lower residential is, and that's the future of MCC if more isn't done to tie it all together.

I would love to blend in more high rise office buildings as well, more like this shot a little further west of the last one, but it still takes better planning at ground level.

01910236wPudong.jpg

I would love to take all the Kaneff buildings on the SE side of 10/Burn and build out retail/lofts to the streets. Get an office tower at the NW corner, something new at the SW Petro corner and have things happening at street level. I'm disappointed in the podiums in the One Park / Chicago / Capital area... the bases on the south side of Burhamthorpe are really weak (IMO) also.

/rant

Last edited:
Considering its height this could be one of the most new noticeable buildings around the GTA.

Yeah Aura will have a huge impact as well.

Considering its height this could be one of the most new noticeable buildings around the GTA.
Yes, and the companion building is almost as tall. The two of them will be the tallest structures west of downtown, and even when the rest of 'sauga is built up, these will probably remain the easternmost 'tall' buildings, perpetually visible from TO.

I hope there's some sort of (subtle) lighting around the roof lines for night time visibility. Anyone in the know?

Back