Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I voted for this concept at Square One when the public was allowed to choose from the 6 finalists. I was quite surprised at the choices and thought for sure there would be some excuse or protest as to why it, or any of the others, couldn't be built.

There were obviously changes made and the original, more organic, flowing design gave way to this more geometric twisty shape, but it will still be a marvel nonetheless.

I actually think the 2nd building might be the nicer looking of the two, as the curves are more elegant - and less predictable.

Absolute World's website has been updated with the new site plan including the 4 storey loft building along the Hurontario Street frontage and the associated floorplans ~

http://www.absolutecondos.com/

Absolute_SP.jpg

Examining the floor plates, it appears that the 'new' lofts are located only on the 3rd+4th floor, so its not clear what's happening on the ground+2nd floor ... retail+office perhaps? :confused:

Yes - it appears there will be some sort of mixed retail/service on the ground floor, which make a lot of sense considering it's a very commercial street. Ground level residential would look very out of place, as it does in other developments.

It would have been nice if they maintained a similar theme to the towers. The podiums and townhouse/lofts will look out of place IMO.

Something like this:
absolute-idea1.jpg

Aug 17

I was on a time line and ended up not having time to do all the shooting I wanted to do. I added another shot location to my list and will shoot from it once it gets a little higher.
IMG_aug-17-09-0005.jpg

IMG_aug-17-09-0006.jpg

IMG_aug-17-09-0022.jpg

IMG_aug-17-09-0025.jpg

IMG_aug-17-09-0048.jpg

IMG_aug-17-09-0067.jpg

IMG_aug-17-09-0069.jpg

IMG_aug-17-09-0095.jpg

August 17 2009 update

Tower 4
IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

Tower 5
IMG_1481.jpg

Absolute World Lofts
IMG_1483.jpg

Thought I would have some fun with one of your photos, Drum118. *fixed for credit*

The perspective as a bit off, but it's closer than their usual stock images looking from a more diagonal angle.

absolute-mockup1.jpg

These buildings would look out of place almost anywhere, but that render makes the rest of MCC look even more plain than it already is. It's a shame that the mall is such a dominant part of the area and is now an impediment to a really nice central area, but since it helped drive a lot of the development in the first place, it's hard to complain.

Imagine building a more stacked mall (think Eaton Centre) directly north of the existing one (maybe joining the property where Sportchek, Chapters, Playdium, etc) and then re-opening the current Sq1 lands to proper "city centre" style development with this new MCC master plan.

Last edited:
late this afternoon they started putting up scaffolding around the 15th floor, similar to what is at Trump and the Ritz-Carlton...red in colour...

Just think what this area could look like with more non square builds and are taller than these 2.

There was enough designs from the competition to do this and add in a few from Toronto that are not going to get built, would transform this dull land into something you wanted to visit.

Bring it on

Well I'm back from my week long banhammering.
Looks like 3 people took photos yesterday!
Here is my contribution:

3835531742_d1a72bdc71_o.jpg

3835531446_e8316bbc0d_o.jpg

3834738107_63f2accac1_o.jpg

3835530664_e63b17bdf6_o.jpg

Something which hasn't been posted on UT yet as far as I know... they have installed test balcony glass(at least I think it is test glass) a while ago, I just haven't gone to take photos.

3834737973_5c2c85c11e_o.jpg

welcome back Khris!

and here is tonight's update from Jasonzed at SSC....

08182009c012.jpg

08182009c010.jpg

Back