Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

The thing is, who will use said retail? There is no pedestrian traffic along that stretch of Hurontario, and the retail podium is completely isolated from anything else of interest. It is basically an isolated retail strip alongside of a 6 lane divided highway, with no pedestrians, but also no parking. If you were a business owner would you take a retail lease there?

And thus it is empty. The key is that in 5-10 years there will be pedestrian traffic, and that is when ou should see retail opening up here.

The retail units were sold-out soon after they went on sale. In fact, there was a waiting list in case a buyer pulled-out. As for who would use the the retail, well, to start, there are probably over 1500 people who live in the complex along with the office workers to the north.

Not to mention all the condos just to the south. When I lived there, I wished I had a Starbucks or similar to go to! Something like that would do well there.

The other one to the south still has no one in them, considering they were on the market before this one.

What every goes in here is a break or make it for the area.

I was referring to all of the people who lives in the condos to the south, who would go here if there is something to attract them here.

from KAMT via emaps
abworldgif2.gif

Back