Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Some lobby shots of Marilyn
DSCF7047.jpg

DSCF7038.jpg

DSCF7043.jpg

DSCF7044.jpg

DSCF7045.jpg

I bought a helicopter drone with a built-in video camera and camera that you control via your IPAD - cool stuff...

haha! that's crazy! what's the range (height wise) on that thing? cause that opens the doors to a whole new level of skyscraper photography!

*just imagine flying that thing up for an eye level shot of the Trump penthouse/dome (to the horror of the owner looking out the window)

haha! that's crazy! what's the range (height wise) on that thing? cause that opens the doors to a whole new level of skyscraper photography!

*just imagine flying that thing up for an eye level shot of the Trump penthouse/dome (to the horror of the owner looking out the window)

The range is 165 feet before the wi-fi connection between the Ipad and helicopter is lost. It happen to me on my first flight per the video below. I went to the maximum range then I was done-in by a gust of wind. You can see it start drifting near the end. I had to run three blocks to get it back, it seemed to land on its own. I was lucky. As you said, it opens the door to a whole new level of skyscraper photography - it's cool... go to www.parrot.com

[video=youtube;9mKKlGt63W0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKKlGt63W0[/video]

Last edited:
Jason, I take it can you watch the video live on the iPad while it's recording? (And does it record directly to the iPad, no syncing req'd later?) ((I should just click the link…))

Jason, I take it can you watch the video live on the iPad while it's recording? (And does it record directly to the iPad, no syncing req'd later?) ((I should just click the link…))

Yes sir, you can see what it sees on the iPad in real time. You can record it directly to the iPad or to a USB Key that connects to a port under the hub (cover). From the Ipad you can upload directly to Youtube or Facebook via the software provided, no syncing...

So I guess the lids on these towers are not going to change like Cityzen told us? Nothing has changed at all.

I had a feeling that Cityzen just didn't understand the question being asked of them regarding the tops, and that is looking more and more likely as the towers become occupied and the tops still look the same.

The Parrot. I have thought about getting this toy but I've heard it likes to crash into things...it could get expensive in a tight urban enviroment. Also it has a rather pathetic camera--2mb or so? You can buy a more expensive version for a couple of grand that would allow for a proper camera.

Last edited:
The Parrot. I have thought about getting this toy but I've heard it likes to crash into things...it could get expensive in a tight urban enviroment. Also it has a rather pathetic camera--2mb or so? You can buy a more expensive version for a couple of grand that would allow for a proper camera.

In version 2.0 both the camera and controls are a lot better. In time, the camera will improve but it's not bad for 329. I haven't crashed it as of yet, it just takes practice but there is a setting, of all things, called Absolute mode that makes flying that much more easy. I could have bought a more expensive one but I would be just too nervous about losing it in mid-flight, etc but maybe I might opted for one in the future.

From March of 2009: this one cost the guy several thousand dollars and a lot of hard work to put it together...
mississauga919.jpg

AeriallookingeastusingHelicam.jpg

Back