Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

nice
http://www.dukeaerial.com/ posted by Whisper09
Ian_Duke_Photography.jpg

Last edited:
^That plot of land reminds me of Tridel's Essex site. Makes me think Tridel could have gotten away with this kind of height in ECC. Just think how amazing it would look to have two towers like this in the distance as you come along Dundas from the west.

I think the podium was added after the fact, maybe by the local architect partner (Burka?)....I don't think the original design by MAD had any podium....

Well, that local architect deserves an epic FAIL!

I agree.....maybe the current mantra of 'no more towers in the park - now everything gets a podium', has its limitations....maybe you shouldn't put a podium around a landmark....

The "podium" roof will be green to match the rest of the complex. I do believe the "podium" was added after the fact so to provide retail/commercial activity along Hurontario. According to the main sales person the "podium" was also designed by MAD; I remember the brochure said that as well.

am i dreaming?.,.. is this photo real!?!!!
holy cow, what a mind blowing shot, the colour scheme for some reason just made me think of ICE condos,

These towers "technically" don't have a podium, but that doesn't give an excuse to include that white-townhome box at the base. though in this shot, i like how the tower on the right meets the ground... it looks like it's coming straight out of the earth!

^^ In that picture the podium just looks so awkward and random. At least they could have brought it to the corners and curved it around. It's so damned plain and boxy. It might work at street level but from above it looks so out of place beside those beauties.

Does anybody know if the roofs will be lit in any way? I'd like to see them stand out at night, with some decorative lighting.

Back