Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

Is that what you meant by pied-a-terre..? a pedestrian area? I thought it meant a second home.

If Scott and Colborne turns into a lively pedestrian area, that'd be a nice development.

Yes, that is what I meant. I think your definition is right, however, that's how the sales centre explained it to me.

Last edited:
let us pray there is never movement.

let us hope the city will be spared this ridiculous retread of ideas that were bad 30 years ago.

Good to hear there's still progress. I don't understand the hate for this project. I get it if some people don't like it, but compared to most things going up this is pretty good. I'm hoping they do a better job than Trump with the transition of the concrete setbacks into glass. Not to mention this'll push the skyline eastward quite nicely.

No but they can be better than the upper levels of Berczy which is what I fear will happen here. Spandrel hell is my biggest fear. And in this prominent location that would be a shame. Fingers crossed.

I think this building will end up being respectable, albeit somewhat unexciting. It'll be a nice addition to the skyline, but not a landmark. Unless they put Delta's glazing on the top portion, then it might stand-out.

Motion might give us a pretty decent idea of what this is going to look like.

Last edited:
I think this building will end up being respectable, albeit somewhat unexciting. It'll be a nice addition to the skyline, but not a landmark. Unless they put Delta's glazing on the top portion, then it might stand-out.

Motion might give us a pretty decent idea of what this is going to look like.

Is this post in the wrong thread? I would hope that 88 Scott (cladding and otherwise) looks nothing like Motion, or a lot of people (myself included) will be very disappointed. Unless they completely butcher the glass cladding, I don't think that will be the case either.

Back