photo.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 901
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 985
Torontos not th eonly city in the world to use these cheap materials. New york is full of buildings like that.. you just dont see them amoungst the thousands of tall buildings. But, in person they are just as bad if not worse then Berczy. They have one thats green instead of powder blue. And its as ugly as that sounds to. Keep heads up, as the render dose not show anything similar to what berczy has. Look closely at the day renders for 88 and Berczy. Not the same materials at all. Just friendly advise. I know the initial render was squashed and replaced with what is now preposed or approved. Theres still lots of character to it.

Last edited:
All 16 trees on the propoerty were planned to be removed. New trees will be planted once the building is complete.

That's really too bad...those were large mature trees which you don't see often downtown. It's a shame there was no way to preserve them. The only positive I see is that there is a very wide sidewalk and so hopefully the new trees will be able to thrive. Would be great if more streets downtown were given the same wide sidewalk treatment as that block of Scott.

I found some information about the public art program at 88 Scott. Proposed locations for the art include the public atrium and Wellington entranceway.

The document also includes a rough render of the public atrium. I really like the idea of a suspended sculptural and/or lighting installation for this part of the building.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-58859.pdf

Back