Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

DSC_1472-3.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1472-3.jpg
    DSC_1472-3.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 368
There are good pictures and then there are GREAT pictures. This is one of the latter. (There area lso terrible pictures that add nothing to a thread and some of us might want to remember that 'great photographers discard 90% of what they shoot."

Thank you, Frank!

While it is probably true that great photogs discard most of their photos, I think the users on here are anxious enough to see constant updates that they welcome any and all qualities of photos.

Or a case of self vanity issues on behalf of individuals who post images with no discernible difference from those posted before....

There are good pictures and then there are GREAT pictures. This is one of the latter. (There area lso terrible pictures that add nothing to a thread and some of us might want to remember that 'great photographers discard 90% of what they shoot."
I'm a crap photographer. And I don't post pictures here enough. But when I have, it's to contribute to the community, not to develop my reputation as an artist. Anyone who takes the time to go out, shoot, upload and post pictures deserves UT credit.

I'll add: not to imply I am a photographer. I'm not. I take pictures to remember things, not to depict them.

I'm a crap photographer. And I don't post pictures here enough. But when I have, it's to contribute to the community, not to develop my reputation as an artist. Anyone who takes the time to go out, shoot, upload and post pictures deserves UT credit.

I'll add: not to imply I am a photographer. I'm not. I take pictures to remember things, not to depict them.

Touched a nerve...? If it is that you want to remember things, then why not just file them and save them for yourself? Instead of wasting time of all the UrbanToronto followers who are interested in what is new, what has changed, things that might actually interest them, instead of vanity posts by those who have nothing new to add....

Touched a nerve...? If it is that you want to remember things, then why not just file them and save them for yourself? Instead of wasting time of all the UrbanToronto followers who are interested in what is new, what has changed, things that might actually interest them, instead of vanity posts by those who have nothing new to add....
This site exists primarily to document urban development in Toronto, secondarily--at most--to exhibit talented photographers' work. When those two amount to the same in a particular post, obviously that's a bonus. But I'll take more frequently posted, poorly framed shots showing a development's progress than less frequently posted shots showing this artistically.

But I take that to be so obvious as to be almost platitudinous. The debate is moot.

Too bad on the grey mullions on 88. Black would have really tied this thing together.

I actually prefer seeing candid photos more as document than as aesthetic pieces in the construction threads, for the latter I go to the Photo section.
I am certainly not opposed to seeing "unique' photos here even if they are slightly out of focus or not 'composed' but I really do get a bit tired of people posting very repetitious (and 'poor') photos that add nothing to our understanding of a development. It is often said that the difference between a good and a bad photographer is that the former discard 90% of those they take and we all may want to think of that.

Back