2016-08-31 10.41.01.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 1,615
  • DSC_0291.jpg
    DSC_0291.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 1,636
  • DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0290.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 1,659
I'm guessing there's a website that explains the following..or perhaps there's an existing thread on UT.

But when I look at the typical 50-odd storey condo going up these days (e.g. Karma, Casa II, etc) I see round support columns. This building appears to be rectangular supports only. Can someone provide some background on what drives the configuration? Merci.

But when I look at the typical 50-odd storey condo going up these days (e.g. Karma, Casa II, etc) I see round support columns. This building appears to be rectangular supports only. Can someone provide some background on what drives the configuration? Merci.

Just a guess but I'm assuming it's pretty negligible and likely just comes down to a cost/aesthetic decision.

Round columns are used for aesthetics. I see round columns here too. Follow the spandrel. Square columns/walls will have spandrel and round won't.

So when i bought my unit i asked about the columns as i'll have three in my unit - they sales staff told me that the interior columns will be round. (although square would be easier to decorate now that that has been mentioned!)

Ahh the city at dawn. That is somethin special. It reminds me of Street Legal. Even though the city shots were at sunset, it still brings back fond memories.

Speaking of, does everyone remember Street Legal?!?!?! Ohhh yeah:

That pulls on the heart strings.

Back