Toronto 87 Peter | 156.05m | 49s | Menkes | Core Architects

I like this, but for the wrong reasons: It's adequate on its own, and will dominate and draw attention from the truly awful Hyatt, which especially in its relative solitude is revolting. But as we've repeatedly learned from this process over the last five years it could be disappointing in myriad unforeseen ways.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 245084 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Oct 3, 2013

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new 50 sty condo (49 sty residential + 1 sty mechanical) with 598 residential units, commercial at grade, and 3 levels of below grade parking. "Noir".

How often do you see a major project in Toronto that gets all the way through planning approval and even gets its building permits without accruing enough sales to actually start digging? This one must really be struggling.

Looks like Noir is not the new Black.

My understanding is that this reached roughly 50% and stagnated after that, not a horrid launch, but not enough to start construction either.

That's an old ad. If you see their new ads in condo mags or on their own website there is no longer any reference to 'Noir'. Sometimes companies do this (that are lacking sales numbers) as a fresh new take on an existing project. When they say 'Coming Soon' and 'Introducing 87 Peter' they are trying to garner new interest as if it's a new launch.

When they first launched a few years ago, there was a lot of competition in the area and this one got lost in the mix. Nearby Tux by Great Gulf was put on hold. I feel that this is a decent building and it will likely do much better this year.

Cookie cutter building IMO. There's nothing that separates it from the many buildings going up in the area.

81 PETER ST
File Number: A0645/14TEY Zoning RA (Waiver)
Ward: Trinity-Spadina (20)
Property Address: 81 PETER ST Community: Toronto
Legal Description: PLAN 84 PT LOTS 19 AND 20
PURPOSE OF THE APPLICATION:
To alter the redevelopment plan for the 49-storey mixed-use building containing 598 dwelling units approved
under Site-Specific By-law 1503-2013 by increasing the number of dwelling units, the height of the mechanical
penthouse and to reduce the amount of indoor and outdoor amenity space.

A mechanical penthouse shall be permitted anywhere within the area delineating a maximum height
limit of 154.0 m shown on Map 2.
The mechanical penthouse will be located in the same area on map 2 and will have an overall height of
158.05 m.

http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toro...pdf/C/C of A TEY Agenda September 3, 2014.pdf

According to reputable realtor Andrew LaFleur, the sales centre is being demolished next week to make way for construction soon after.

According to reputable realtor Andrew LaFleur, the sales centre is being demolished next week to make way for construction soon after.

Geez, another bloody construction site to dodge on my way along Peter to get to and from work. I pass thorugh 4 or 5 the last how many years? Lulz!!!

Back