Toronto 83 Redpath Ave | ?m | 21s | The Benvenuto Group | Sweeny &Co

Daily Commercial News

Redpath on the rise in Toronto
September 4, 2009

130.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Exterior work is moving upwards for the condominium project 83 Redpath in Toronto.

Construction manager Veisman Consulting Ltd. along with Clarendon Projects Ltd. has completion of the 22-storey, 210-unit project scheduled for early 2010.

It also includes five townhouse units, a billiards lounge, guest suites, a sport court and a reflecting pool.

The architect for the project is Sweeny Sterling Finlayson & Co. Consultants are: Stephenson Engineering Ltd. (structural); M V Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical/electrical); and Bryon Patton & Associates Ltd. (interior). Subtrades include: Avenue Building Corp.; Cartier Kitchens; Select Drywall & Acoustics; Dolvin Mechanical Contractors; Speedy Electric Co. Ltd.; and Fabris Iron Works Inc.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35207

thanks for the update and for linking to this thread Solaris, I had completely lost track of this project and now its nearing completion. A great addition to this part of town! Glancing back through the thread its taken only a year from empty pit to close to topping out.

Last edited:

i'd like one of those THs ... nice modern design and from the looks of it, they have solid concrete partition walls.

oopppssss ... may have jumped the gun thinking they were THs.

Last edited:
cdr ... you are correct in your assumption ... those are indeed townhouses, I've seen the floorplans for those somewhere

The five townhome floor plans are on the website: 83 Redpath. I couldn't figure out how to get them off without it being a crappy print screen. No pdf available.

I did manage to get the elevations:

83RedpathTownhomes-West.jpg

83RedpathTownhomes-East.jpg

I saw this the other day in person. The cladding looks mismatched and dirty. Hopefully, it will look better when it's completed.

For anyone in this area, taking pictures of this building, if you get the chance, head down to 88 redpath (or 83, forgot) - just south of Eglinton - while that tower isn't amazing from the ground it's very nice otherwise - I'd love to see it executed as a taller tower downtown.

thanks gmania ... 83 Redpath is looking good, well on its way to completion ~ I particularly like the white+grey spandrel panelling arrangments

I love those townies! (Wish those LV area townhouses looked at least as good as these ones.)

Tower looks great as well--the area needs at least 100 more infill buildings with similar massing as this one to eliminate the windswept feel of parking lots and towers in park.

I love the cladding on this tower-- very nice.

And those townhomes are WONDERFUL-- a great modernist model for townhomes/detached housing that I wish we'd see in the suburbs. One can dream...

I don't mind. It's awesome brick. My favourite kind. I really like this building, especially the townhomes. Would have been better if it were 30 storeys or so instead.

Back