Toronto The Ivy | 110.33m | 34s | Tricon | Graziani + Corazza

I wish some firm (ie: HP, Aa or whomever) would just acquire G+C and put them out of their misery. We'd have one less trash architectural firm spewing their nonsense all across the city. They could keep the architects who actually have some ambition but are constrained by the rest of the G+C non-visionaries.

I wish some firm (ie: HP, Aa or whomever) would just acquire G+C and put them out of their misery. We'd have one less trash architectural firm spewing their nonsense all across the city. They could keep the architects who actually have some ambition but are constrained by the rest of the G+C non-visionaries.
Why would they? They print money and provide an efficient service for their clients. They've got no incentive to sell.

Last time I've passed by was around the beginning of January. From what I recall, there wasn't any further demolition or preparation work visible on site.

Last edited:
This is one building that should be never touched, but if it's ever touched the only firm who should have the rights to do so is Allied.

The rest of the facendectomy corporation of Toronto aka Facendectomy Inc. (ie: all other Toronto developers) should keep their grimy hands off.

New Site Plan docs submitted:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 8.19.53 AM.png

New Site Plan docs submitted:

View attachment 225859

Well this looks like a bit of an improvement at least. Full height vision glass, limestone detailing, and all the spandrel is shadow boxed (though there is still a lot).

if they follow the specs, which i'm doubtful, it might turn out okay. Still very concerned about how spandrelicious the mechanical penthouse is looking like.

Back