Toronto 8 Elm | 218.2m | 69s | Reserve Properties | Arcadis

the whole stretch is about to be pedestrianized in a few years - you won't be able to drive along yonge from now on basically.
there will still be 1 lane of traffic in either directions. There are no plans to eliminate car traffic from this area of Yonge.

Today

D5EE602B-3538-4503-A9E1-F740D4A4E121.jpeg

It really shows how small this parcel of land is in the photo up above. Now that they knock down these buildings down to build this 218m tall skyscraper wow! Wondering how many storeys deep are they going down? And will they keep the facade of the third building? Or will they knock it down to rebuild it back again like to other two buildings?

For anyone living in 1 Bloor, which has 6 elevators for 779 units, and dealing with horrendous wait times, this good-time-fun-party has 6 elevators for 819 units. Because why not? Renters aren't real people anyways...
Maybe they think people working from home don't leave as often 😅

What's the building in back with the peaked roof and dormer windows?
Almost looks like a church.
Edit: From Google streetview from behind the Chelsea Inn.

dLU8qEL.png

St. George's Hall:
60201682_10157084909736181_2185844904318468096_n.jpg
This is off topic but I believe there's going to be another skyscraper that's proposed near or around those buildings in the photo up above. I think the tower that will be developed behind or above it compliments those buildings. But there are a few people that don't want it to happen. But if it does this proposal sould complement those old buildings in my opinion !

What's the building in back with the peaked roof and dormer windows?
Almost looks like a church.
Edit: From Google streetview from behind the Chelsea Inn.

dLU8qEL.png

St. George's Hall:
60201682_10157084909736181_2185844904318468096_n.jpg

This is off topic but I believe there's going to be another skyscraper that's proposed near or around those buildings in the photo up above. I think the tower that will be developed behind or above it compliments those buildings. But there are a few people that don't want it to happen. But if it does this proposal sould complement those old buildings in my opinion !
St George's Hall has for many years housed the Arts and Letters Club. It's not going anywhere. Immediately west of it, the building with Bangkok Garden in its base is subject to this application.

It should be noted that recently updated architecture docs have a material sample board included, including potential manufacturers.

Keep in mind that the material board is always subject to change as there is no accountability to the city even when specific manufacturers are noted (use Nobu as your warning.)

Overall these samples look good: reflective spandrel, impressive vibrant gold, and if that balcony glass is actually that clear, the pattern will likely stand out.

Screenshot_20230410-021049.png

New renderings but no stats are updated it.

View attachment 473978

View attachment 473979
Judging by the most recent photos, aren't both the buildings on Yonge demo'd? Either they plan on some PoMo style façade recreations or perhaps the rendering hasn't been updated to reflect this (significant) change yet? Wouldn't be surprised if the developer decided to forego the façade retention as it undoubtedly has a considerable affect on the logistics of the site.

Back