Toronto 8 Dawes | 123.68m | 38s | Marlin Spring | Arcadis

A Case Management Conference is set for February 27th and a 10 day hearing is scheduled for July 22, 2024. In addition to Marlin, party status has been granted to the following for participation: Canadian Tire Corporation - 2681 Danforth ; 6 Dawes - Fitzrovia; Jacob’s Tent - 2575 and 2625 Danforth Avenue, Minto 9-25 Dawes and Tri-Metro 2721 Danforth Avenue.

May 29

I was in the area shooting Rushden Station.

DJI_0036.jpeg

DJI_0035.jpeg

DJI_0038.jpeg

This is getting quite the bump up from the OLT.
Now at 52 stories

View attachment 586656

a 14 storey above ask............and a 36.8% height increase over ask........!

Why did we not know about this............I had to go look.............

The Request for Direction Report (Settlement Offer) came to the May meeting of City Council.............the contents of the report was never made public!

1723086817109.png

Above is current to August 7th, 2024, 5 days after the Settlement Hearing.

I take serious umbrage at this being kept secret. (not so much the height, as I haven't even been able to read the details here)

Reactions: AHK
I love this place. On Twitter, the neanderthal YIMBYs would berate you for "hating housing" for asking questions like that...
Yup according those on Twitter and Reddit; we'd need all the housing we can get and it doesn't matter how the housing looks, if the spaces are actually livable, if the developer is cattle-hearding people into a building, if there's only 1 elevator in a building, etc..

This subset of the market is part of the reason garbage developers can get away with heinous projects like this.

...might as well build extra units in the stairwells with that logic. /sigh

I'm not sure if you're on Twitter, but honestly, you're not far off of the YIMBY braintrust there...
Nope...I am staying away from *Xitter until it's current owner is removed in handcuffs. Suffice to say though, I am not surprised in the least that there are elements of weird obsessions and extreme views openly dominating that social medium currently. /sigh

*Note: I usually pronounce the "X" with a "sh"... >.<

Back