Toronto 8 Chichester Place | ?m | 20s | Remington Group | BDP Quadrangle

I see that this one finally made it out of the OMB where it was held up for years. In the OMB case, they developer tried to press for more intensification based on the expected subway expansion and the large number of buses that run along Sheppard.

I don't know if this argument held up or not but the building, despite the stupid name, is yet another example of development along Sheppard between Don Mills and STC that helps justify the expansion of a subway (rather than streetcar).

Ugly building, though. But better then the slabs on the existing lot.

Sheppard as it exists now is enough to justify the extension, but, yeah, developments like these are a nice bonus and will help transofrm/urbanize the inner suburbs. Better to house people here than an ex-farm near Orangeville.

November 8 2008 update

no construction yet on Perfect10 ... seems like there is some progress though (at least there's hoarding around the site :))

IMG_2608.jpg

i don't understand why they're Sales Office is in Markham (Kennedy/Denison?).

What's the reason behind this?

I think that is because the other Remington sales office is there (where they sold the project with two 8s called Casa De Sol)

Project Cancelled

Thanks for the lead marcus_a_j ~

I just called Remington's sales office, and was advised this Perfect10 Condos project has been cancelled

here's another on to add to the list ! (now that explains why the sales office signage @ Kennedy/Denison was taken down few weeks ago)

no surprise. .... sales weren't going too well.

The ones that squeaked in late Sept will probably survive (ie Emerald City) since most of the sales took place on the first few days but the later ones that had broker/vip openings in Nov will probably take a long long time to be get started, if ever.

The site sold less that 20% of the units in 9 months, so this was a no brainer. Sales office locted off site probably didn't help either.

I'd argue that although part of this is due to the economic situation you can't forget this has been in sales for a very long time ... even before things started going down hill.

So likely the area + price didn't bod to well ... recession or not ... but especially if there's a recession.

Daily Commercial News

The (former) Perfect 10 Condominiums site becomes affordable housing ...

from 20 storey now down to 10 storeys

AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Proj: 9102088-3
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
8 Chichester Place, Victoria Park Ave, Sheppard Ave, M5G 1V8
$50,000,000 est

Start: April, 2010

Complete: September, 2011

Note: Request For Prequalifications from Developers of Affordable housing projects including private, non-profit and co-operative housing developers closed June 9, 2009 at the Owner. This project was approved by the City of Toronto and forwarded to the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) for funding. Funding approvals are expected early Spring, 2010. Schedules for Sub trade tender and construction will be determined when funding is approved. Further update early Spring, 2010.
This report now follows the first of the approved projects from the City of Toronto RFP 9155-09-7127.

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a residential apartment building with 210 affordable housing units for seniors, families, and people with disabilities.

Scope: 160,000 square feet; 10 storeys; 1 storey below grade; 210 units; 1 acres

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs

First report Wed Jun 03, 2009. Last report Wed Sep 02, 2009.
This report Thu Nov 12, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=88803f9b7189f8589ac009b717b66ae5827ec8d6&projectid=9102088&region=ontario

Solaris, no doubt you'll let us know who is developing this when the time comes. I doubt Remington would still be involved...

Half the height...will the building be slabbier than before, or is it now going to be filled with smaller units? A shorter tower but with some heftier mass fronting the street could end up just fine.

Solaris, no doubt you'll let us know who is developing this when the time comes. I doubt Remington would still be involved...

I agree with 42. Maybe BROWN Group Of Companies bought Remington out on this project.

Most likely we wont know until april next year when they start putting advertisements around the site

Back