Hamilton 75 James Condos | 108m | 34s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

Yes, not loving the brick colours, but at least they used brick.

Vrancor IMHO has done one nice tower on George (thankful that the podium is hidden by his next tower and that a grocer went in.. Don't think they have achieved any tenants in any other build).
You say that as if they want to rent them out. The vacant commercial units are done on purpose as a tax write-off.

I continue to be annoyed that they forgot to install a panel below the parking levels near the garage entrance. You can still see the blue skin weather sheathing exposed.

You say that as if they want to rent them out. The vacant commercial units are done on purpose as a tax write-off.

I continue to be annoyed that they forgot to install a panel below the parking levels near the garage entrance. You can still see the blue skin weather sheathing exposed.
Same thing happens in Buffalo.

The owners of vast amounts of commercial/retail let properties, storefronts sit vacant for years in some cases. Ugh

View from City Hall:
1000007193.jpg

Nice thing about this is that unlike the Cobalt towers this is condos, so people should move in quite quickly after completion.

While I'm sure many will be rented out which will take time, even a 30%-50% owner occupancy will add a ton of people to this area, and the retail component on the ground floor will provide a ton of foot traffic and kill this otherwise dead zone once some of them are rented out. Hoping for at least one bar or evening cafe.

Nice thing about this is that unlike the Cobalt towers this is condos, so people should move in quite quickly after completion.

While I'm sure many will be rented out which will take time, even a 30%-50% owner occupancy will add a ton of people to this area, and the retail component on the ground floor will provide a ton of foot traffic and kill this otherwise dead zone once some of them are rented out. Hoping for at least one bar or evening cafe.
Augusta is going to be PACKED.

Augusta is going to be PACKED.
Yeah the whole John/Augusta - Augusta/James area is going to get so many more new patrons such welcome news! This is my neighbourhood and love all the restaurant's/bars in this area and I'm more than happy to share my fav spots with all the new people!

We definitely need to push for better pedestrian realm in this area. Can kind of suck to be outside a car here. Would love to see it made to basically copy James North
Not gonna happen until it actually LOOKS like James St North - aka tight stores on each side of the road.

We definitely need to push for better pedestrian realm in this area. Can kind of suck to be outside a car here. Would love to see it made to basically copy James North
Sorry my bad I was looking at the picture canuck posted - and im like thats def not gonna happen there. I don't feel like augusta st is quite there yet. It doesnt have the same vibe as james st n and is a much shorter stretch. It's just one block - if that church gets demolished and more is stretched out then maybe.

I mean yes, it's a good START, but let's see where it goes from there. Even king william was at least 2 blocks.

Back