Hamilton 75 James Condos | 108m | 34s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

Posted by UrbanSolutions:
1000003499.png

I don't have a full architectural set of the latest version of the building, only a site plan.

But yes, earlier versions had 4 elevators - which is an awful ratio for 616 units if it stands.

The plans originally presented with 4 elevators had 403 units however - which is perfectly acceptable for 4 elevators - so it may have changed.

edit: the key plan on the condo sales plans seems to suggest a higher elevator count - looks like it's at least 6 now:

75-James-Condos-3D-01-keyplan-v64.jpg

Looks like one bank drops off on the upper levels:

75-James-Condos-1B-09-keyplan-v64.jpg

UT is counting 635 units here, so it's even worse (159 units / cab). I can't imagine they're actually building that though, that would be one of the worst ratios in the GTA (Concord Sky is currently the worst under construction at 158).

UT is counting 635 units here, so it's even worse (159 units / cab). I can't imagine they're actually building that though, that would be one of the worst ratios in the GTA (Concord Sky is currently the worst under construction at 158).
The floorplans for marketing seem to suggest more, closer to 1/100. LiUNAs buildings in Hamilton, despite their choice in architect, have been turning out fairly well.. so I too would be surprised if they stuck with 4 elevators given that they increased the unit count by 50% over preliminary plans for the site..

The plan of condominium application here suggests the unit count has fallen slightly to 616 as well from the initial site plan application:

To establish a Draft Plan of Condominium consisting of a proposal for 608 residential units, 8 live/work units and 1 commercial unit. A total of 317 residential parking spaces and 12 visitor parking spaces are proposed.

The floorplans for marketing seem to suggest more, closer to 1/100. LiUNAs buildings in Hamilton, despite their choice in architect, have been turning out fairly well.. so I too would be surprised if they stuck with 4 elevators given that they increased the unit count by 50% over preliminary plans for the site..

The plan of condominium application here suggests the unit count has fallen slightly to 616 as well from the initial site plan application:

To establish a Draft Plan of Condominium consisting of a proposal for 608 residential units, 8 live/work units and 1 commercial unit. A total of 317 residential parking spaces and 12 visitor parking spaces are proposed.
Yep, looks like 6 for 616 units. Thanks @innsertnamehere!

I don't have a full architectural set of the latest version of the building, only a site plan.

But yes, earlier versions had 4 elevators - which is an awful ratio for 616 units if it stands.

The plans originally presented with 4 elevators had 403 units however - which is perfectly acceptable for 4 elevators - so it may have changed.

edit: the key plan on the condo sales plans seems to suggest a higher elevator count - looks like it's at least 6 now:

75-James-Condos-3D-01-keyplan-v64.jpg

Looks like one bank drops off on the upper levels:

75-James-Condos-1B-09-keyplan-v64.jpg
looking at this, theoretically, this thing should fly up once the floor plate is at this size

Cladding is more or less exactly as I expected. Looks a lot darker than I expected however, almost black, and the "accent" lines running up the facade look like they will be much more prominent than in the renderings.

Huh. Much more prominent in that render, Hadn't seen that one before I don't think.

I was thinking of this one, which basically makes it look like a giant blue-glass hunk of condo with no real detailing of note:

48703-146442.jpeg

I think the one I shared came out quite a bit later. It's going to be a really nice addition to the skyline I think. Excellent grade level presence on James, modern tower above.

Back