Toronto 728 Yonge | ?m | 3s | Brook McIlroy

Even above the first floor?

Oh: and keep in mind that to old timers, this'll forever be identified with the "flagship" Coles store.

he's talking about that hideous carbuncle of a mall across the road from the Shoppers. the apartment building above isn't the worst, but it's definitely seen better days.

Thought the original plan was to add a second floor to the current building.

10x happier with a rebuild though!

Just found out that the heritage building here will be preserved ( and hopefully restored ) and the new 3 storey building will be going at the south end of the current store.

Capturesdm.JPG

Thank you for that excellent piece of news! Hopefully the new build is suitably tasteful and avoids the EIFS monstrosities plaguing Yonge.

This used to be an old hangout of mine when it was a rather large Coles.

AoD

Thank you for that excellent piece of news! Hopefully the new build is suitably tasteful and avoids the EIFS monstrosities plaguing Yonge.

This used to be an old hangout of mine when it was a rather large Coles.

AoD

That's better than great news, I was so angry and depressed when I saw this thread appear. Hopefully an attempt will be made to strip down to the brick on the second & third floor, hoping it's salvageable/restore-able. This was also my 'go-to' Coles, pre-World's Biggest, it was better than the slightly junkier Coles at Yonge-Dundas.

Was told that Shopper's will be taking the old sex shop place immediately south while construction is taking place. They'll put in their pharmacy so they can still fill prescriptions and whatever else they can cram in to the relatively small space.

Will the whole building be gutted and rebuilt? I'd hate to lose the 7 West cafe/restaurant there.

This will be the temporary Shopper's while the main building next door is renovated. I think they just have room for the pharmacy.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2B3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 260943 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 5, 2014

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to the ground and basement levels for new retail tenant - "Shopper's Drug Mart - #1317"

Shopper's is scheduled to close on March 25. Work has begun on their temporary location in the building next door to the south. It will house the pharmacy and some basic products.

Back