Toronto 655 Queen West | 34.2m | 9s | Trinity Group | Teeple Architects

Much better, but still lots of room for improvement and refinement, which will probably happen as it is still early in the game. It’s such a prominent street corner that I‘d like to see something other than recessed balconies on the building’s corner. I was expecting better from Teeple, but let’s wait and see...

Last edited:
Trinity Development and Teeple:

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.43.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.43.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.43.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.44.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.44.14 AM.png

Much nicer retail units than there currently with the god aweful tims, pizza pizza, and discount basement gym.

I do wish they could provide a bit of a wider sidewalk here though. It's a very crowded sidewalk with a busy streetcar stop.

Last edited:
It's the proper scale as a replacement structure along a major arterial and the massing is acceptable. Hope they choose a nice brick, could be a handsome addition to the area. Agreed about the wish for a wider sidewalk though.

Dear god, now THAT is an improvement on the previous design.

Reminds me of the old folks home at Broadview and Danforth with the brickwork and recessed angled windows. Love it!

Thanks to the Dougy Ford for making our sidewalks narrow again! :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, it should be mandated to expand sidewalks in the core where a development takes place.

A definite improvement over the previous render.

The extended use of brick is very much welcome.

The grade-level retail remains a sore point.

The setback is better handled than it was, at least along the Queen frontage, though I'm not persuaded that it's quite right yet.

There really is no better time to secure a widened sidewalk; given the transit stop here and the lack of road with on Queen that can appropriated, if the City can't compel a 1M widening, they ought to buy it.

A definite improvement over the previous render.

The extended use of brick is very much welcome.

The grade-level retail remains a sore point.

The setback is better handled than it was, at least along the Queen frontage, though I'm not persuaded that it's quite right yet.

There really is no better time to secure a widened sidewalk; given the transit stop here and the lack of road with on Queen that can appropriated, if the City can't compel a 1M widening, they ought to buy it.
A truly great city would remove the parking and build the sidewalk and public realm right out into that space. Why should an owner loose space / value because the city can't be bothered to take on the auto lobby?

A truly great city would remove the parking and build the sidewalk and public realm right out into that space. Why should an owner loose space / value because the city can't be bothered to take on the auto lobby?

Uhh, that curb lane is a travel lane in rush hour, not parking.

If you extended the sidewalk out, you're creating a pinch point, unless you remove that travel lane all together.

Further, your diverting all auto traffic in rush hour on to the streetcar track.

Not sure that's at all desirable.

I have no issue w/reducing street parking, but you can't really do that at this location, in isolation.

Great corner for some density. I'm seeing some 383 Sorauren/aA lines and details slapped on top of a regular looking structure.

Back